How to Properly Pan Guitar when Recording to Preserve Tone

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How to Properly Pan Guitar when Recording to Preserve Tone

Postby JohnB8812 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:34 am

Hello,

I’m fairly new to recording/editing, so bare with me. I am huge fan of Guns N’ Roses and I like the way they do stereo recording with Slash on the right and Izzy on the left for their main riffs. I’ve been able to create some very accurate presets for their tone which are panned to C when you hit record. However, if you pan them left and right, the tone completely changes and it sounds like crap.

I also understand that a lot of people use DAWs like Reaper to record (which I’m finding out is what you need to record anything with a MIDI pedal such as Wah). What is the most effective way to pan the tracks left and right while preserving the tone? I’ve heard some people talk about stereo recording as an option in Amplitube but I’m not familiar with where that would be as an option. Like I said, I’m a little bit new to the software and editing in general so all helpful information is much appreciated.

Thanks!
JohnB8812

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling