Tonex Pedal / Cannot change amp parameters using software

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Pedal / Cannot change amp parameters using software

Postby jonwee » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:57 pm

I just bought the tonex Pedal and installed all drivers and software.

Everything works fine, except one major issue. Using the software editor, I am unable to change the perimeters of the amps. When I load an amp from the library, I click on Player to get the amp settings. Then I click on advanced parameters. Adjusting the noise gate, compressor, bass, treble....nothing happens. am I doing something wrong here? Are you able to change amp settings using the software? or can you do this only by adjusting on the pedal itself?

thank you
jonwee

Re: Tonex Pedal / Cannot change amp parameters using softwar

Postby richardkad » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:13 pm

Hi, it's very normal since the changes you make on a computer do not propagate to the pedal.
So, make adjustments on Player page, SAVE the preset locally ant then upload to the pedal, now listen to the results from the pedal itself. If it's not to your satisfactory, repeat the procedure: LOAD from library, adjust on Player, SAVE, UPLOAD to pedal.
Have fun, Richard, Czechia.
richardkad

Postby jonwee » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:05 am

Dear Richard,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes i do understand the app does not control the pedal. My issue is on the software itself. When i tweak the parameters using the software, i cant hear any changes ( on the player tab ) . I made a short video to show this issue. In the video link, i am tweaking the knobs but the sound does not change at all.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dlL8zL ... drive_link
jonwee

Postby richardkad » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:30 am

I can see it. So the question is: what are we listening to? The pedal outs or your USB interface out? I would say I hear the pedal. If you can load different tone models and you CAN hear them all, then it can indicate some controls lock feature (I'm not aware of any), or some bug. If it's a routing issue in the app, we would here dry guitar sound. If everything's correct, then I would consider reinstall. Just make sure you are monitoring the application, not the pedal. Rich.
richardkad

Postby jonwee » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:47 am

You are listening to sound from the Boss katana speaker.

My flow is as such:

guitar > tonex pedal > power amp in on boss katana
tonex pedal via usb to iMAC

so while adjusting the software on the iMac, no changes is heard.

Weird, right? Getting frustrated i cant figure it out.
jonwee

Postby richardkad » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:21 pm

Well, it's a very normal behavior, so no bug nor malfunction. So we are listening to the pedal, that's why we do not hear any changes in the sound, because
1. you are not tweaking the sound you are listening to (setting on pedal remain the same)
2. no sound is being passed to the app anyway (no green indication on the input nor output meters in the app)
It's because the USB connection in LIVE mode is only for librarian function. If you want to hear the changes in the sound when tweaking the app, you need to monitor (listen to) the application (through the outputs of your soundcard, not pedal output) while feeding the guitar sound to the soundcard and through the USB to PC - so NO TONEX PEDAL engaged at all.

Tonex pedal has also the INTERFACE mode, you can send guitar sound through pedal via USB to PC without any other soundcard, but to me it doesn't bring a lot of convenience since I use the workflow described in my previous post.
Hope that makes sense to you.
Rich.
richardkad

Postby jonwee » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:02 pm

Richard, Thank you for explaining this mystery. Very funny they designed it like this.

I really thought there was something wrong. Usually, you plug in a pedal, install the software and control it from there.

A+ for sound quality, C- for workflow and ease of use.

Thank you Sir
jonwee

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling