Tonex, model training problems

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex, model training problems

Postby patrik.forsberg@me.com » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:34 pm

Hi!

Just started to capture my amps inside of Tonex but I'm getting a strange error. The capture seems to work fine but when I enter the model training phase I get this error. I'm not very good at computers so I can't figure out what the problem might be.
I recently updated the Tonex software, running Windows 10.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?
Down below is the error message in text:

Failed to execute script "TXMMEngine" due to unhandled exception: cudaGetDevice failed. Status initialization error
Traceback is disabled via bootloader option.
patrik.forsberg@me.com

Re: Tonex, model training problems

Postby rulerofitall » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:11 pm

Not had that problem but from experience the IK team are good at helping resolve issues.
Would be best to submit the issue and open a ticket with the help team, will get a quicker and more dedicated response.
rulerofitall

Postby patrik.forsberg@me.com » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:13 pm

Yeah I guess that's the best solution. Submitted the issue so I hope they have an idea of how to solve it. Thx for the reply!
patrik.forsberg@me.com

Postby timfitzpatrick123 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:17 pm

I have the exact same problem.

Please let me know if someone has found a resolution.
timfitzpatrick123

Postby angelfraga » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:46 pm

Hi! i'm no expert but that "cudaGetDevice" error message is telling you that Tonex cannot find the Nvidia device (Cuda is an Nvidia technology) needed to run the model training proccess.
angelfraga

Postby timfitzpatrick123 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:55 pm

Thanks. I found the most current driver for my video card and installed it and that error stopped. However then after the training process was over I got an error “Could not start the modeler engine”. So I am stuck there now.
timfitzpatrick123

Postby deadpan » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:08 pm

timfitzpatrick123 wrote:Thanks. I found the most current driver for my video card and installed it and that error stopped. However then after the training process was over I got an error “Could not start the modeler engine”. So I am stuck there now.

What graphics card do you have?
deadpan

Postby patrik.forsberg@me.com » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:13 pm

Hey guys!

I also updated my graphics drivers and I'm not getting the error about TXMM/cudaGetDevice but just like Tim I'm get the error "Could not start the modeler engine"

The response from IK Support is that the capture files has to end up in this location:
C:/Users/"your name"/AppData/Roaming/IK Multimedia/Tonex/Modeler

For me it ends up here:
C:\Users\patri\OneDrive\Dokument\IK Multimedia\TONEX\Modeler

Even though I have never used Onedrive as a service, and from what I have read, documents end up in that place as a default in Windows.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make force Tonex to save it's files into the location that IK support is telling me to do?
patrik.forsberg@me.com

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling