AT5 crashes Reaper using 2 instances of ToneX in AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 crashes Reaper using 2 instances of ToneX in AT5

Postby Black-Viper75 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:03 pm

Help. I have a major problem. Amplitube 5 crashes in Reaper when I have in my AT5 signal chain a ToneX OD pedal capture for my overdrive and a ToneX amp capture for my amp. The crashes happen whenever I try to open a project with this kind of signal chain in the fx of a guitar track and when I try to unfreeze a rendered guitar track that has this type of signal chain in it's fx. This doesn't happen when I use an od pedal from AT5 and an amp capture from ToneX.

I've reinstalled Reaper, ToneX and AT5 multiple times but it didn't help. I reformatted my hard drive. I've even added RAM to my laptop going from 8GB to 16GB. I then also upgraded to a ssd hard drive thinking that maybe it was a CPU issue but the problem hasn't been solved.

This has been going on since mid November and it's annoying. I can't access my recordings to finish them and my whole recording schedule has had a major delay because of this.

I've contacted IK Multimedia's customer support and opened a ticket. I've described the issue and upon their request sent them GIFs of how exactly the crashes happens. Their last email response was Nov 30th asking me to re-describe the the problem and send GIFs of how the crashes happen again. I did and since then I haven't had a response. I also asked them if there's no fix for my issue to at least tell me so that I can scrap my projects and start over. IK Multimedia customer support has been really helpful for me in the past so this behavior on their part to go radio silent and ignore me baffles me.

Can anyone offer any help for my problem?

@Peter_IK any chance you can lend a helping hand please?
Black-Viper75

Re: AT5 crashes Reaper using 2 instances of ToneX in AT5

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:07 pm

To help Peter progress things, can you post your Ticket Number? (Or send it to him by PM.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: AT5 crashes Reaper using 2 instances of ToneX in AT5

Postby Black-Viper75 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:07 pm

DarkStar wrote:To help Peter progress things, can you post your Ticket Number? (Or send it to him by PM.)

Ok. I've sent Peter a PM with my ticket number and describing my problem.
Black-Viper75

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling