Used tonex - headache city :(

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Used tonex - headache city :(

Postby wallo1988 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:54 am

I recently picked up a used tonex pedal, no box or anything. Seller has tried to transfer the licence to me, but can't see the product anywhere in his IK account and thinks maybe he never registered it. Has anyone successfully registered a used tonex pedal to their IK account in a similar situation? I feel very silly that I didn't do my due diligence before buying this used pedal, but I also didn't anticipate such a struggle to get the thing to work with my computer. Not having the serial number anywhere on the pedal itself seems likes a terrible choice. Anyway, any ideas for how to proceed at this point? I've contacted IK support but they have not really been any help at all thus far.
wallo1988

Re: Used tonex - headache city :(

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:50 pm

IK Support would be the ones to help you. There is a card that is included with the pedal which has the serial number to register on it. I'm sure they can continue to work with you to get enough information from the seller or however they are able to help you resolve the issue if you continue to work with them. A registered TONEX Pedal or one with the serial card intact is very easy to transfer.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wallo1988 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:27 pm

Peter_IK wrote:IK Support would be the ones to help you. There is a card that is included with the pedal which has the serial number to register on it. I'm sure they can continue to work with you to get enough information from the seller or however they are able to help you resolve the issue if you continue to work with them. A registered TONEX Pedal or one with the serial card intact is very easy to transfer.

I've been going back and forth with support since the 30th of December and don't seem to be any closer to resolving the issue.
wallo1988

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:09 pm

Sorry to hear that. You'd need to work with them, they are the ones that can help - users, moderators, nor admins here would have the access/authority to do more than they can. Please let the person with whom you are working know that you are not satisfied yet and they'll continue to take care. If you'd like them to escalate your ticket, please ask in your ticket too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling