Installing amp 5 max

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Installing amp 5 max

Postby paulmck26 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:52 pm

I have AmpliTube 5 on my computer and just purchases AmpliTube 5 max. Do I have to uninstall AmpliTube 5 before installing AmpliTube 5 max or will the IK downloader take care of it?

thanks,

Paul
paulmck26

Re: Installing amp 5 max

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:12 am

it's the same software - the Serial Number determines what gear you have fully available.

You should be able to Unauthorize AT5 in the IK Product Manager then (Register and) Authorize AT5 using the AT5 MAX Serial Number. You may need to do a "Restore my Purchases" in the Custom Shop too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby paulmck26 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:20 pm

Thanks DarkStar!!!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "you may need to do a "Restore my Purchases" in the Custom Shop too."?

Is that the separate purchases of things like the "fender set"?

thanks again,

Paul
paulmck26

Postby paulmck26 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:13 am

I downloaded and installed Amp 5 max and Tonex max today.
Amp 5 doesn't show up in Project Manager, I just had to update, download, and install Amp 5 max.
Both Amp 5 max and Tonex max seemed to go fine, and it actived both automatically.

However, an odd thing happened when I was logging out of the project manager, this alert popped up:

"Active subscriptions will be accesible for an offline period of 72 hours, you will need to log back into Project Manager to re-activate your subscription based products."

Not sure what that is all about???

I'm also having problems with "both" VST 3 not showing up to load in Samplitude after scanning the proper folders? (I sent a notice to Support about this one).
paulmck26

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling