Issue with Expression Pedal Assigned to Wah

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Issue with Expression Pedal Assigned to Wah

Postby ShatteredMcCafferty » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:05 pm

Hi all

I have an MP100 with a Mission and Boss expression pedal attached. When assigning either pedal to a control such as OCD Volume, I can see the knob move smoothy between 0-100. However, if I set either pedal to the wah, it appears to jump from 0 to a random lower number, then max out around 68 making no movement up to 127.

I am on a Mac with Ventura installed, using Midi Monitor I can see a smooth transition between 0-127 and 127-0 via both USB and a midi cable connected to my Focusrite 18i20 Gen3.

The setting for Program Change are set as CC4, Min 0%, Max 100%, Curve 5, Latch Off. The MP100 is set to Cus1 (tried Midi Mode too).

I have tried various curves, changed the Min value to N/A or other numbers, but it will not alter how the wah operates.

Am I missing something?

Mike
ShatteredMcCafferty

Re: Issue with Expression Pedal Assigned to Wah

Postby ShatteredMcCafferty » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:19 pm

All

I have just tested again and I can see when pushing my expression pedal just over half way hovering over the wah pedal in Amplitube shows it is at 100%.

This is the last test I am completing before removing my pedal board, so without this working I will need to keep my Slash wah and PitchFork. Be great if I could remove these pedals off my board :D

Thank you

Mike
ShatteredMcCafferty

Re: Issue with Expression Pedal Assigned to Wah

Postby carlaz » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:24 pm

I have a Mission Engineering SP-1 expression pedal that I use with AmpliTube on my Intel Mac with Ventura, and it works just fine to control things in AmpliTube (though setting things up in Logic Pro to record the MIDI pedal automation is a little funky, though I can usually remember how to get that work :lol: and that's more down to Logic itself than AmpliTube or the pedal hardware).

It's weird that you report the expression pedal working differently with different software models within AmpliTube. That would seem like some sort of bug, though a strange one. Is the behavior the same when AmpliTube is loaded as a plugin (e.g., in Logic or GarageBand) or as a standalone app? How does the expression pedal work when using it to control other software (e.g., a wah in the stock pedalboard in Logic or GarageBand)?
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling