ToneX versions explained?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX versions explained?

Postby olivier.gandou » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:34 am

Hello,

Sorry to be kind of thick but I am struggling to understand what each tier of ToneX offers the users. Or rather, what I'm most confused is this: I have the (free) CS version right now and I think what I understand is that I can download just about any tone from ToneNet captured from any amp with no limitations (other than the 20 downloads limit, is that right? But I just don't have access to many 'official' IK-captured tones. However, I still have access to third party captures like Amalgam Audio that are pretty good (or very good actually).

All I plan to use it for is personal practice (and with headphones at that). I have no plans to try to capture my amp for example... So it seems like the free version is all I need, and I'm really not sure what paying for the SE version would bring me, other than unlocking unlimited tone downloads (which could eventually be nice, especially since it's on sale right now)?

I'm especially confused by the "ToneX CS has 10 amps / 5 pedals while ToneC SE has 20 amps/10 pedals", especially since I can't really find a list of said amps and pedals (except a 40+ pages pdf) and I don't think I can just select an amp from a list in the interface for example and start messing with its controls...

Can someone please be kind enough to shed some light on this for me? Thanks.
olivier.gandou

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling