ToneX Pedal + Expression = Control Amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX Pedal + Expression = Control Amplitube

Postby ShatteredMcCafferty » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:04 pm

Hi all

I have searched the forum and Google but not found an answer.

Is it possible to connect an expression pedal such as the Mission to the ToneX pedal and the ToneX to the Mac via USB or Midi, and have control over the wah in AmpliTube?

Thank you

Mike
ShatteredMcCafferty

Re: ToneX Pedal + Expression = Control Amplitube

Postby ShatteredMcCafferty » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:29 pm

Hi all

As an update I have been working with support on the issue but unable to get this to work.

I have the expression pedal connected to the ToneX pedal. The ToneX connected to my Mac mini. ToneX set to Midi Merge (I have tried all settings), open Amplitube and set midi to ToneX. Add a parameter, attempt to control it via midi learn, and nothing happens.

I can get the expression pedal controlling the ToneX pedal no problem, and I can connect a foot switch to the ToneX pedal and change patches in Amplitube, but the expression pedal just will not send midi data.

I have tried:
* Changing devices
* Changing Operations from Live to Interface

I have been through every setting and completed a factory reset and I still cannot get it to work.

For clarity I am using USB and not a midi cable as I do not have one.

Any ideas?

Mike

edit: This is with a Mission pedal and a Boss expression, both work controlling my Pitchfork+.
Last edited by ShatteredMcCafferty on Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShatteredMcCafferty

Re: ToneX Pedal + Expression = Control Amplitube

Postby ShatteredMcCafferty » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:30 pm

Oh and IK support in the UK is pretty good.
ShatteredMcCafferty

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling