ODS Legends: Cannot achieve tones from website

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ODS Legends: Cannot achieve tones from website

Postby blueskyvisions » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:06 pm

The tones I heard on this website are one of the reasons I bought ODS Legends: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonex-odslegends/

I cannot get anywhere near the thick and warm tones I'm hearing in the example sound clips—particularly the first two, "ODS 1979 Especially Dirty" and "ODS 1979 Sharp as a razor." I understand I'm using a different guitar and setup, but I feel I should be able to get close to these sounds.

Can you tell me which guitars are being used? Was any post-processing done to these clips—e.g., EQ, mastering, or other effects? Is anyone else getting those tones? What am I missing? :?

Thanks for your help!
Rich
blueskyvisions

Re: ODS Legends: Cannot achieve tones from website

Postby wildmilne71 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:17 am

Have you played around with the input trim/preset gain? How high do you set your Guitar input, what interface are you using, etc?
wildmilne71

Postby blueskyvisions » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:31 pm

Yes, and thanks for the feedback. Increasing input gain does increase distortion, but I don’t get that thick, milky tone. Using an RME interface with HSS strat.
blueskyvisions

Postby wildmilne71 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:22 pm

Copy. Since it’s made by IK I would start by getting your input trim/gain on the RME close to peaking at 0db because that’s what they recommend which differs from many other apps. After that I’m not sure, I’ll have to listen to their clips again and try myself.
wildmilne71

Postby Digidesigner22 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:50 pm

Having just bought the TONEX Pedal, and seeing the ODS Legends registered in my IK Manager App, I can't find any of the 'presets' that are featured in the video?
Search reveals nothing, are they supposed to be included as part of the package?
i.e.
• Turn the light on
• Sweet chime
• Smooth as silk
• Fifty special ride
• Sharp as a razor
• Yes it's bright
• Especially dirty
• Tasty Boost
Digidesigner22

Postby Boogieshoes » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:40 pm

For any interface you really need to setup it up to have as much input with the guitar max’s out and not be clipping the signal at the interface stage. It is worth playing in various places around the neck of the guitar at some, not all, have points where they peak output more.

After that as others have said you need to plat with input gain slider in AT5 to get the amp model you have chosen to react to the guitar in a way like the real amp would. For some amp models the ‘red’ indicators on the AT5 input slider are pointless. Not for all amp models but quite a few. A search elsewhere may help you on that debate. Some users promote using a boost pedal as well. Your mileage may vary subject a lot of things.
Boogieshoes

Postby Digidesigner22 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:12 pm

All I can say is that the 'presets' that are used in the demo (as I listed) on the website do not come up and neither do the amp models i.e Overdrive Specials etc, it has nothing to do with all the other variables that are on offer in AT5.
Digidesigner22

Postby whitehartlane1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:52 pm

Did you put reverb on
They are a tad flat.dial in reverb is awesome.
Tonex ods in AmpliTube 5 not good.
Anyway it ok doing other stuff.I did try one in a5 and I put compressor and Lesley t racks on it.it sounds really good.
Experimenting is the way I go.
whitehartlane1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling