Pedal Presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Pedal Presets

Postby itguy61 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:45 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I did not see a forum specifically for the hardware pedal.

I have read the hardware and software manuals for Tonex and cannot figure out what the pedal presets are for. They do not show having an amp associated with them, nor a cab. What are they used for?

Can these be added to models?

I have used the search feature but I am not coming up with an answer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
itguy61

Re: Pedal Presets

Postby Stompy231 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:36 am

As much as I love ToneX Pedal, I've been baffled by some of the choices / names of the components. But here's how I understand them:

Tone Model is the actual capture of a rig. Think of it as an amplifier with a specific sound characteristic. It can be used as such in your pedal, after you've dragged and dropped it onto a Librarian panel. It can also be saved with new EQ, reverb, noise gate and compressor settings as a new Preset.

The Preset still can be tweaked, and saved locally (i.e. on your computer), but to have it saved onto a Pedal, you still need to drag & drop it onto Librarian.

Please note that the name may have nothing to do with an amp. Actually the preset keeps the amp and the cab names as they were - they can be seen in the top menu, next to the color icons.

The Presets are also where you can change the cabs, incl. VIR or add 3rd party IRs. be sure to wait a couple of seconds before they get uploaded. Then you can save the preset with a new cab/IR.

What may be a baffling is that the stock presets have cabs named after the Tone Models. So unless you have a great memory or a list of the cabs written down someplace, it's quite hard to select a cab from the menu (or a panel). Well this might actually prompt us to use our ears not names, but still...

Hope that helps
Stompy231

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling