ToneX Download nor working

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX Download nor working

Postby pcsharkey » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:29 pm

The Tonex CS , when I initiate the download in the manager app the download progress meter appears that the download is about to start but never actually starts. It's like it freezes. When I go to see if it's actually showing up in my windows download folder it doesn't show up at all as something in the progress of being downloaded.
pcsharkey

Re: ToneX Download nor working

Postby Sick2222 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:12 pm

got same issue but also dont even get a download meter, did you find a solution for this problem
Sick2222

Postby Mlaban64 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:11 pm

Same here...looking at Task Manager, I see 5 IK Multimedia Product Manager processes, eating a bit of CPU but nothing happens...Trying to close it, it says that a Download is still in progress and asks me to confirm or cancel the close. Either button does not do anything...

I had this in the past and raised a ticket for it. IK was not very responsive, and I found out myself (I thought) that the issue was caused by an external disk connected to my computer. The disk went dormant at some times, which affected the Product Manager to hang. Removing the disk resolved it, so I asked IK to close the ticket. However, this apparently is not the case now, as there is nothing connected to my laptop right now...not even a mouse...

I have changed my download path to the default, I have de-authorized & de-installed TONEX, but nothing helps...

I've seen issues with the IK Product Manager in the past...it seems rather unstable, but usually retry/reboot would fix stuff but not this case :-(

I think I'll give up for now, as I don't want to go through a full de/re-install without being sure it would resolve everything...

Any thoughts/tricks are appreciated!
Mlaban64

Postby angelfraga » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:50 pm

Hi! Have you tried running the product manager as an administrator? I installed the product manager on my system partition C: and had the same problem. Running the app as an admin solves it.
angelfraga

Postby Mlaban64 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:58 pm

Nope, running it as Administrator does not help...tried that before, tried it again, same result...
Mlaban64

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling