Constant static noise

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Constant static noise

Postby Colezy24 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:56 pm

I recently bought Amplitube 5 and am using it on a laptop with Windows. I am getting a constant white noise/static/hissing noise that nearly overpowers anything I play through the software. Here are the full details:

I am using a PreSonus Audiobox 96 USB interface. The interface doesn't have issues with any other software, like the Studio One DAW. Outside of Amplitube, playing the guitar through the interface sounds very clean.

The noise occurs even when I unplug the guitar and the cable from the interface.

I used a noise gate and it worked... sort of. But it made the sound that was left sound odd and distorted.

I have already tried turning the gain down. You can only turn it down so much before the sound just disappears altogether. Plus, I like a lot of gain. I shouldn't have to turn it down to account for unnecessary electrical problems.

I appreciate any advice. I am really excited about this program but, so far, it is unusable. Thanks!!
Colezy24

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling