Boss GX-100 MIDI Out to Amplitube 5?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Boss GX-100 MIDI Out to Amplitube 5?

Postby Amedal » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:43 pm

Hey all, a couple of question...

I'm currently using my Boss GX-100 as Audio interface between my guitar and my laptop (Amplitube 5).

The unit works fine as an interface: I can send my guitar signal to my laptop through it, modify my signal with Amplitube 5 and then send it back to my GX-100 and send it out to my monitors. All good there...

Now the questions:

1) The GX-100 has MIDI In/Out din connectors. Could I use it's footswitches to send signals and change patches Amplitube 5?

2) If, in fact, I am able to use my Boss GX-100 to send midi signals and change patches on Amplitube 5, can these MIDI signals be sent via the USB cable thats already in place connecting my GX-100 to my laptop, or do I need a separate DIN to USB cable/interface to connect to my laptop?

Im new to MIDI connections, so be gentle. lol.
Thanks in advance for the help.

V.
Amedal

Re: Boss GX-100 MIDI Out to Amplitube 5?

Postby juanitabarton » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:33 pm

Hello, I think I can answer your questions.
1. Yes, you can use the MIDI In/Out connectors on your Boss GX-100 to send signals and change patches in Amplitube 5. The footswitches connected to the GX-100 can be configured to send MIDI messages that can control various parameters and functions within Amplitube 5.

2. In order to send MIDI signals from your Boss GX-100 to your laptop, you will need a separate DIN to USB MIDI interface or cable. The USB cable that connects your GX-100 to your laptop is primarily for audio transfer and control, and it may not support MIDI communication. The MIDI data uses a different protocol than regular audio, so a specific MIDI interface or cable is required to connect the MIDI In/Out connectors of your GX-100 to the USB port on your laptop.
juanitabarton

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling