AmpliTube 5 Stuck on startup

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 Stuck on startup

Postby alastairinoz » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:01 am

I have installed AmpliTube 5 and it will not start.
Done the usual, restart, re-install etc no luck.

When the program starts I get the main program screen that has a loading bar on the bottom of the window, it gets about a third of the way then just stops.

Windows 10

Any ideas?
alastairinoz

Re: AmpliTube 5 Stuck on startup

Postby sbonzix » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:27 pm

Same here, on MacOS. It did work for a while, but now it stops on the splash screen, with the progress bar at abouit one third of the total
Last edited by sbonzix on Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbonzix

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:07 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DudaFerreira1987 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:24 pm

same here!

such about one third of the total.

macOS - M3 Max
DudaFerreira1987

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davidlythgoe » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:21 pm

I wondered if anyone had a solution to this? This suddenly started happening for me too after Ableton Live 12 upgrade.
davidlythgoe

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:45 pm

davidlythgoe wrote:I wondered if anyone had a solution to this? This suddenly started happening for me too after Ableton Live 12 upgrade.

Please see above. IK Support can assist you directly since users have not chimed in on this thread with ideas that have resolved the issue others are having.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davidlythgoe » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:10 pm

OK, thanks Peter
davidlythgoe

Postby musimarais » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:45 am

Same here, Mac OS 14.4.1 freezes on startup
musimarais

Postby davidlythgoe » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:01 am

My experience, not a reply on behalf of IK, just a 'worked for me' thing.

I found that there were files required by AT5 that macOS had put on the cloud. Layman explanation would be that AT5's request for those files isn't enough to make macOS download them automatically, so it freezes, waiting for them to be available locally.

I manually forced a download of all the files in the application and user folder, then it fires up immediately.
davidlythgoe

Postby vaya198d » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 pm

davidlythgoe wrote:My experience, not a reply on behalf of IK, just a 'worked for me' thing.

I found that there were files required by AT5 that macOS had put on the cloud. Layman explanation would be that AT5's request for those files isn't enough to make macOS download them automatically, so it freezes, waiting for them to be available locally.

I manually forced a download of all the files in the application and user folder, then it fires up immediately.

Just writing to say that this finally fixed my load up freeze issue on macOS. Thanks!
vaya198d

Postby davidlythgoe » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:43 am

Yay!

:D
davidlythgoe

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling