Total noob needs help trying toneX PC software

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Total noob needs help trying toneX PC software

Postby Iknowjohnny » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:27 pm

Likei said, i am a total noob to using guitar software on PC so speak to me in that respect. I was considering buying a toneX pedal but i rarely buy things like this unless i can try it. So i saw there was a free PC version of tonex and thought great, i can try it first.I figured i could use my PC's mic input for my guitar (i have adapters) and use the PC speakers which are a higher end set. Then if all sounds good take a line out to try it with my amp. Heres my question...i installed the product manager then downloaded and installed tonex. Questionsare as follows...
1. there was only one tonex option to install.Is that both a app to use with the pedal AND a standalone app that can be used as i described i wanted too?
2.assuming it IS usable as a PC standalone guitar software without needing the pedal, how do i access it? it's installed but i cannot access it in product manager. I click on the tonex logo and nothing. How do i get the software up and running?
3. am i correct that if and when i have it working i can use my soundcard's mic input for guitar or do i have to buy some sort of interface which will stop me in my tracks because i did this in order to find out if i want the pedal without having to put out $ to do so.

Thanks all.
Iknowjohnny

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling