Experiencing CPU issues and crashes

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Experiencing CPU issues and crashes

Postby ctk926 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:12 pm

I have Amplitube Max (most recent version) and have been using it mostly without issues for a couple months. I sometimes play right in the app but mostly use it as a plug-in inside Ableton Live. In the past two weeks I've began to experience issues with abnormally high CPU usage and crashes. Basically, I began to notice that when recording multiple guitar tracks with the plug-in applied, my CPU usage is going way up, sometimes as high as 90%, but usually around 50%. This was not the case when I began using Amplitube inside Ableton.

More concerning, I've had three instances where the project I'm working on just won't load - it crashes Ableton every time. I was thinking that this couldn't be the plug-in, since I have other projects with equal or more tracks that don't crash the application. On the other hand, I sent the project file to a friend of mine with a stronger computer and he was able to open them, but said the CPU usage when he loads them is extremely high. So we thought it was probably the project overloading my computer. I am using a MacBook Air M1, 8GB - so I'm aware it may just be an issue with my computer's capabilities.

I'm on a trial version of Ableton Live and will probably go back to using Logic or Reaper when it's done, but this seems to be a problem with the plug-in itself. Has anyone had similar issues, or have tips/advice?
ctk926

Re: Experiencing CPU issues and crashes

Postby ctk926 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:51 pm

The stand alone app is now crashing as well, so I think it's safe to say this is a problem with Amplitube. I hope they fix it soon.
ctk926

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:00 pm

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? I'm sure they can assist you and figure out what's happening.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ctk926 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:13 pm

I tried to do that before making this post, but unfortunately the webpage simply redirects me to the Amplitube FAQ each time I try to use the “contact support” link
ctk926

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:09 pm

ctk926 wrote:I tried to do that before making this post, but unfortunately the webpage simply redirects me to the Amplitube FAQ each time I try to use the “contact support” link

You are supposed to search the FAQ first, per the message on the top of http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Before contacting the Support team, please review your product's User Manual or visit the FAQ page as there is a chance that your issue has been addressed already and can be quickly resolved.

Then you'll see if you don't find your answer in the FAQ there is a red button/link to Contact Support.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 6stringer » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:05 pm

Has anything on this computer changed? Which version of macOS are you using, and did you update to Sonoma?
6stringer

Postby ctk926 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:46 am

6stringer wrote:Has anything on this computer changed? Which version of macOS are you using, and did you update to Sonoma?

I did update to Sonoma
ctk926

Postby 6stringer » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:06 am

Hmm....if you happened to make a backup before you upgraded to Sonoma, you could try restoring back to Ventura. It's early days for Sonoma, and could be there's an issue here that needs to be worked out.
6stringer

Postby bakerja099 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:24 pm

I can't get a session to work in pro tools. HEAVY CPU usage. What's going on? Worked fine before the latest update. Can I roll back? I gotta get a session done this week.
bakerja099

Postby bakerja099 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:46 pm

Well I was successful in going back to version 5.7.0 for amplitube and tonex 1.2.3. All is working again.
bakerja099

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling