Tonex pedal IR resolution

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex pedal IR resolution

Postby joanesinu » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:47 pm

Hello,

I just want to know if it is possible to know the resolution/length/bitrate/ms of the IR cab block in the tonex pedal.

I am using third party IR's and in those IR's manual it is specified to max out the lenght of the IR blocks, because some of them have 1120ms length.

Does anybody know this? Doesn't mention a thing in the manual.

Thanks.
joanesinu

Re: Tonex pedal IR resolution

Postby bluzdog » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:40 am

My search has come up empty. I would also like a definitive answer on what sample rate and length IRs to load in Tonex. My current choices are the same IR wav files with 44.1k @ 200ms or 500ms, 48k @ 200ms or 500 ms and 96k @200ms or 500 ms. I've tried a few different comparisons and I don't hear a difference. It would be nice to settle on the optimal spec out of the gate. Thanks

Rocky
bluzdog

Postby KennChristensen1968 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:24 am

Yes, I'm searching for the same information, as all of my homemade IRs are in 48kHz format.
I did a comparison, using one specific 48kHz samplerate IR file of mine, between
1. another high resolution IR loader pedal and
2. the Tone X pedal.
The Tone X pedal sounds darker i think?? Maybe because the 'clash' between 48kHz and 44.1kHz??
I'm eager to see what experience other users have, and even better: hard specs on best custom IR format for Tone X pedal.
KennChristensen1968

Postby Caiwyn » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:08 am

I'd also like an answer to this. We know that ToneX pedal is capable of 192 kHz resolution, but the ToneX models themselves are always captured at 44.1 kHz. What is the native resolution for impulse responses loaded into ToneX? My assumption is that the software can import any resolution but will convert to 44.1 kHz internally in order to match the capture. Is that correct?
Caiwyn

Postby reelmusician » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:57 am

Would also like to know the answer to this question. Thanks!
reelmusician

Postby psdesign » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:36 pm

Would be nice if someone from IK could answer this?
psdesign

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:50 pm

From the team, below. Note that this is a user-to-user forum if you require a direct answer from IK you would want to contact the team via the IK site.

Any sample rate, or bit depth Impulse Response files will work with the Custom IR loader in TONEX. The process doesn't require anything specific of that nature, but from the experiences here, it is important to note this is designed for impulse responses from cabinets. If you are using longer Impulse Responses, an external loader might be beneficial.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby psdesign » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:26 pm

Thanks for chiming in @Peter_IK

What I was really after is the max IR-length in ms the TONEX pedal can play back – 20, 40, 100, 200, 500, 1000 ms ?
psdesign

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:31 pm

You should be able to upload any length and it will be fit to TONEX / TONEX Pedal automatically
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby psdesign » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:13 pm

Yes, I understand, but how much are the IR's truncated in the TONEX pedal?
For example, will the TONEX pedal make use of a 500 ms IR that has some room sound?
psdesign

Postby psdesign » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:15 pm

Got word back form the IK Team.
The TONEX Pedal supports a max IR length of 2048 samples, so around 46ms at 44.1kHz.
psdesign

Postby Justonhhand » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:24 am

joanesinu wrote:Hello,

I just want to know if it is possible to know the resolution/length/bitrate/ms of the IR cab block in the tonex pedal.

I am using third party IR's and in those IR's manual it is specified to max out the lenght of the IR blocks, because some of them have 1120ms length.

Does anybody know this? Doesn't mention a thing in the manual.

Thanks.

I'd also appreciate an answer to this question. While we understand that the ToneX pedal can achieve a resolution of 192 kHz, the ToneX models are consistently captured at 44.1 kHz. What is the native resolution for impulse responses loaded into ToneX? My assumption is that the software can import any resolution but internally converts it to 44.1 kHz to match the capture. Is that correct?
Justonhhand

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling