Can't access TONEX Librarian

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can't access TONEX Librarian

Postby bnavarro » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:05 am

Hello all,

I recently got a TONEX pedal and it works great but sadly I can't add any new model in it since I can't access Librarian...

I registered the pedal serial number in my IK account and it shows up properly there and in IK Product Manager. I also created a ToneNET account as well. I installed and authorized the TONEX app using IK Product Manager but when I open the app and try to open Librarian I get the following error message: "To access the librarian please register your TONEX Pedal Serial Number via the IK Product Manager".

Any idea on what causes the error and how to fix it? I already uninstalled and reinstalled everything
bnavarro

Re: Can't access TONEX Librarian

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:56 pm

Please make sure you have the latest version of TONEX by checking in IK Product Manager. If you do, you can try to re-authorize your TONEX software in the Product Manager. Also, just for safety and to cover all bases you can "Restore purchases" inside TONEX after following these steps.

If that doesn't work IK Support can assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bnavarro » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:45 pm

As I said I already reinstalled and reauthorize the app. I also did the "restore purchases" thing but that didn't solve it either.

I contacted IK support a week ago but I haven't got any response from them, hence my post on the forum...
bnavarro

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:26 pm

bnavarro wrote:As I said I already reinstalled and reauthorize the app. I also did the "restore purchases" thing but that didn't solve it either.

I contacted IK support a week ago but I haven't got any response from them, hence my post on the forum...

You said you installed and authorized it, then reinstalled. I don't see anything about reauthorizing. Please see this post if you have a ticket that you feel isn't being handled to your satisfaction: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bnavarro » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:55 pm

Yes sorry I thought I did, but the authorization is done automatically after the install.

Thanks for the link and your help
bnavarro

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:30 pm

bnavarro wrote:Yes sorry I thought I did, but the authorization is done automatically after the install.

Thanks for the link and your help

Sorry I mean literally reauthorize even then. Was willing to suggest anything LOL but really that is kind of a "reset" that's worth it even at that point. I think the "order of operations" sometimes gets confused (system/software side) so that can knock it back in line. Sorry it didn't work, though, I wanted to have you feel like Fonzie hitting the jukebox (old person reference for you).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Halejuya » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:31 am

i got ToneX pedal today and have the same issue, i tried to re-autorize in IK Product manager, tried restore purchases in ToneX app but it didn't work
Halejuya

Postby bnavarro » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:49 am

Halejuya wrote:i got ToneX pedal today and have the same issue, i tried to re-autorize in IK Product manager, tried restore purchases in ToneX app but it didn't work

If it's the same problem I got, it's a missing Tonex MAX license. You can contact the IK support team to get one added to your account.
bnavarro

Postby obenziane1 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:50 pm

Same issue here! you guys really need to address this issue.
obenziane1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:38 pm

obenziane1 wrote:Same issue here! you guys really need to address this issue.

It seems that the issues people have here are that the included TONEX MAX has not been registered since TONEX CS does not function as the librarian. There doesn't appear to be a global "bug" to address here. If you have installed and authorized TONEX MAX that comes with your TONEX Pedal and still have issues please reach out to IK Support at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw and they'll troubleshoot to see what is causing the issue you are having.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby obenziane1 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:42 pm

But you can only purchase it from this page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... nex-sw-max then assuming you can download it. We have purchased the pedal already and there is no detail how to download the Max version which is promised to come with the pedal purchase
obenziane1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:14 pm

obenziane1 wrote:But you can only purchase it from this page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... nex-sw-max then assuming you can download it. We have purchased the pedal already and there is no detail how to download the Max version which is promised to come with the pedal purchase

When you register your TONEX Pedal you should have TONEX MAX in your IK Product Manager.

The TONEX Pedal "Apps" page lists what you get with your TONEX Pedal and there's a link about how to get it near the bottom: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... x.php#apps
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling