TONEX Pedal - No Power Button?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

TONEX Pedal - No Power Button?

Postby benjaminfrog » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:22 pm

Am I missing something? Is there really no Power button for the TONEX Pedal?
benjaminfrog

Re: TONEX Pedal - No Power Button?

Postby benjaminfrog » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:15 pm

Just heard from IK Support that the only way to turn it off is to unplug it. This is really disappointing and seems like a huge oversight or, at the very least, a poor design choice. I really hope they add the ability to turn it on/off in a firmware update.
benjaminfrog

Postby Stompy231 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:58 am

Get something like this https://www.amazon.com/RLECS-Extension- ... _sspa?th=1
or a simple powers strip and stop whining. Have you ever seen a pedal with a switch? Oh boy...
Stompy231

Postby benjaminfrog » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:06 am

I have started using a power strip. Regarding your other comment, every pedal I own can be turned off/on without unplugging it/plugging it back in.
benjaminfrog

Postby Khudlumm » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:00 am

benjaminfrog wrote:Am I missing something? Is there really no Power button for the TONEX Pedal?

TONEX Pedal enables the storage and live performance of AI Machine Modeling Tone Models. Choose from thousands of the world's most coveted amps, cabinets, and effects – or your own gear, modeled in minutes – and perform with them at your feet. This level of authenticity and realism has never before been experienced in a pedal.
Ultra-low noisesnake io 24-bit, 192 kHz converters, 5 Hz–24 kHz
Khudlumm

Postby joanesinu » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:40 am

benjaminfrog wrote:Am I missing something? Is there really no Power button for the TONEX Pedal?

Does any guitar pedal have an on/off switch? Indeed no.

I just have one device in my pedalboard (HX effects) with power button and I hate it, it's just generates more potential problems with that particular switch.

Why do you need one? To turn off the lights? :roll:
joanesinu

Postby benjaminfrog » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:16 pm

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your responses. Can we put this to bed?

I posted this the day I got the pedal and wasn't finding what I was looking for, when searching the manual for "power". It seems obvious now, but I hadn't figured out that you could press the button for your currently selected preset to turn it off. I was mistakenly only getting that the buttons could switch among the presets, not turn them off.

Personally, I would still prefer a power button, as I think of the pedal as more of an amp replacement than a conventional pedal, but I get that I'm probably in the minority with that desire.

Anyway, this will be my last response.

Thanks again,
Ben
benjaminfrog

Postby Mcdoakes » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:31 pm

Hi benjaminfrof...totally agrree with you on the power switch..this is the substitute for an amp and it really should have the ability to turn off or at least sleep when not in use...that was one of my concerns also...
Mcdoakes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling