Bursts of static and hiss

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Bursts of static and hiss

Postby JimCheoros » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:45 am

I'm aware this is usually an issue with using an unauthorised version of Amplitube, so bear with me.

I bought an iRig Pro I/O, downloaded and installed the IK Multimedia Product Manager, registered my device, and installed Amplitube via the software tab... and immediately ran into (what people assume is) the "demo noise"

I have installed Custom Shop and executed the "Restore my purchases" function; the Product manager shows Amplitube to be "Authorized"; the busts of static occur even with the simplest of signal chains (ie, just the default "Brit 8000" amp) and with the button immediately to the right of the search bar showing only the "tick" sign.

What's more, if I try using my iRig with only ASIO4All and another manufacturer's app (say, Amplion Demo) I get exactly the same problem.

[Mod edit: redacted - unnecessary]

I'm using a Windows 10 laptop with an i7-1065G7 processor, the problem occurs whether it's plugged into the PSU or using battery, it occurs with both the iRig's supplied USB "A" or USB "C" cables.

Any other troubleshooting suggestions? I'm beginning to deeply regret buying this product; I've wasted days on trying to get it to work [Mod edit: redacted - unnecessary]
JimCheoros

Re: Bursts of static and hiss

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:13 pm

In the IKPM, under AmpliTube, click the [Products] tab and see which edition of AmpliTube is Registered.. You may find that only AmpliTube CS is currently registered. If so, find your AT5 (not the hardware's) serial number and Register that, in the IKPM. Unauthorise and Authorise At5 again (you may need to do a Restore my Purchases again too).

As for getting the same problem with third-party software, that is suggesting a hardware / system config problem to me.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby JimCheoros » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:59 pm

Thanks for the reply, DarkStar.

Under the "products" tab it lists both AmpliTube SE and Amplitube CS as being "registered".
JimCheoros

Postby DarkStar » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:20 pm

OK, so you should have all the gear in those two editions (AT5 SE may include all the gear from AT5 CS, I cannot remember).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby JimCheoros » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:11 am

Thanks again for the reply.

I'm on holiday and don't have access to all my resources, but I did try the interface on a friend's new laptop and it worked fine.

So I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my "data" drive and booted from that... and the interface worked OK.

I have a lot of VPN and other client/server (like Citrix Horizon desktop) apps installed on my system drive, so I imagine one of those is interfering with the interface. I have no idea which one, and it could take a long time of uninstalling things until I find out... meanwhile I do have a workaround, I boot into my laptop's Boot Manager and boot from the "data" drive.

[mod redacted - please review the rules before posting]
JimCheoros

Postby iBassYourFace » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:08 am

I have the same problem but I'm using the free version. I don't understand. Do I really have to buy the full version to get rid of this obnoxious static?
iBassYourFace

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling