Is there a way to activate dual input for TONEX?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Is there a way to activate dual input for TONEX?

Postby sypherous96 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:07 am

Loving the sounds I'm getting from tonex, but I'm wishing it was like most other guitar simulation software I have where you can play two guitars, a left and a right track into the same plugin and it processes the left and right separately, saving me from having to load the same plugin and go through the same exact steps on both guitars, and then when I want to tweak both I have to do it again instead of all in one place. Is there a better way to do this? I'm using Reaper. Thanks
sypherous96

Re: Is there a way to activate dual input for TONEX?

Postby Stompy231 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:08 am

I guess you want to record, not to play, two tracks simultaneously with different amps, right?

You can record a processed signal ("amp'ed") and a DI one to different tracks via the pedal. Then you can digitally re-amp the latter one.

You can also record DI signal, copy it to a new track, process each track separately.

In any case, if your computer can't handle too many plugins, print the processed track to a new track, and remove the plugin from the original track.
Stompy231

Postby sypherous96 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:40 pm

Oh I don't have the pedal I'm just talking about the TONEX plugin that comes with the irig I bought. I just want to be able to route a recorded left and a right track (both are dry DI) into it and have both processed by the same settings like other guitar plugins do. But in those plugins both guitars are output separately, not mashed into the same amp. A good example is Guitar Rig 6 (i have the demo), when you hit the stereo button inbetween the L and R switch up top.

Or LeGion by Lepou, or Nolly stuff
sypherous96

Postby WhiteRoom0220 » Mon May 06, 2024 12:12 pm

The most common approach to this problem is to use the VST plugin on 2 separate tracks. Each instance of the plugin should process the input DI track independently - you could even use 2 separate amp models with each instance of the plugin for the 2 tracks. You should only be limited by the processing power of your PC/ASIO on whichever sound interface you are using for the input.
WhiteRoom0220

Postby robertoparker » Tue May 07, 2024 9:39 am

While recording, ensure your DAW captures the left and right guitars on separate channels within the multichannel track.penalty shooters 2 :lol: :lol:
robertoparker

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling