I need help -Can only hear installed presets on Tonex -

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

I need help -Can only hear installed presets on Tonex -

Postby egrassel » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:30 pm

This is my first foray into digital and already a huge pain in my :evil:

Guitar is plugged into tonex pedal - pedal is plugged into computer - Audio input and output is selected as tonex - I am on Mac Ventura 13.4 - headphones are plugged into Tonex Pedal.

I hear the presets saved on the pedal - and I can swap them in and out on the libray function of the application. But when I go to the Player side, it doesnt change anything and I can still hear only the presets. It doesnt register this as an input at all on amplitube.

any ideas - I truly appreciate anyones time on this. thank you.
egrassel

Re: I need help -Can only hear installed presets on Tonex -

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:20 pm

If you are plugging TONEX Pedal into the computer via USB you'd want to set the pedal to Interface mode instead of Live mode. There are details about using TONEX Pedal as an audio interface in the User Manual that go into more detail about the types of output etc when using the pedal in Interface mode.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby egrassel » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:26 pm

thanks - I did do that, but it still hasnt worked. Still stuck on Library only.
egrassel

Postby jneiberger » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:48 am

I have the same problem. And I don't really understand how the Player page is supposed to work. When I change settings on there, it does nothing to the sound I'm playing through the pedal. I thought perhaps the app was controlling the pedal via USB but that does not appear to be the case.
jneiberger

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:37 pm

When plugged into a computer and put into interface mode, the TONEX Pedal is an audio interface. Also note that the TONEX software is a librarian for the pedal, you are not making changes to the presets on the pedal, you are using the software to do so and then you transfer the tones to and from the pedal using the librarian functionality.

That said, it sounds like OP and most recent comment should reach out to IK Support for direct assistance though users are always welcome to chime in if they have ideas.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling