Tonex Capture Error Messages (with UA Apollo), Fixed!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Capture Error Messages (with UA Apollo), Fixed!

Postby macguitarman » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:33 pm

Just got Tonex pedal (after trading a guitar for a PRS Archon 50 head). I wanted to see for myself how the real Archon amp compares to say the HX Stomp Archon model. I think the real Archon 50 amp head clean channel is even more impressive than the HX Stomp model. It's clean, full, and huge, without being boomy or muddy, even with HB's. I played with this going into a Two Notes Captor for hours, lot's of fun. OK, how well will Tonex capture this. Very well. Tonex capture is dang impressive, very close to exact. I could theoretically sell the Archon 50 at this point and just use Tonex...

I was having issues with Tonex Capture gain settings and error messages, and after a few hours, I was able to debug the issues...

First make sure your signal path is good in Tonex Capture. Tonex does a great job here, so when you select valid input and outputs from the interface (UA Apollo), it changes to color, so that is good.

Signal path for me:

1. Guitar into Apollo CH 1, HI-Z
2. Apollo Line 3 Out into Radial Engineering Reamp Pro RMP. Make sure the reamp box output level is not cranked, halfway is good
3. Reamp box out into Archon amp input, with instrument cable. Check cables, I had one bad one
4. Amp Clean channel set to desired tone controls. Also, Master = 3 o'clock, Volume = 11 o'clock. Full clean. If Volume goes higher, will clip...
5. Archon Speaker out (8 ohm) into Two Notes Captor (Speaker IN red)
6. Captor TRS Line Out into CH 2 Apollo
7. Captor output level at 12 o'clock (do not crank)
8. UA console. This UA Console is the key, if not right, any one thing can derail all of it
9. CH 1 input I have at 18 db
10. The 3-4 line out send I have at 3. Important, you have to Send Line Out 3 on CH 1, with a good level out, thru everything and back in to CH 2
11. Apollo CH 2. This is the Return, with the amp. Set to Line, at 29dB input gain
12. I turn down / Mute CH 1 fader, since we really do not want to hear the non amp signal
13. CH 2 fader at 0 or so
14. Control room Source = Mix
15. I also was not hearing the Tonex guitar samples playback (just gain clipping signal, since it was not correct) and when I switched to Line 3/4, I all of the sudden heard the guitar samples playback. But, this is just Line 3/4 output, with no amp, Mix gives the amp sound
16. Run Tonex capture, and you will hear the guitar playback riffs, and hi pitches, and since all is good with gain levels and UA Console, the capture should / will go through with no errors...

Hope this helps anyone with UA Apollo / Console, or with a Reamp box...
macguitarman

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling