License question regarding Tonex software and Pedal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

License question regarding Tonex software and Pedal

Postby Cobain_0001@hotmail.com » Sat May 20, 2023 5:29 pm

Hi,

I'm, wondering if anyone can answer this for me before I do something I can't undo...

I purchased Tonex Max a while ago and decided to buy the pedal (which just arrived today). I know the Pedal comes with its own license for Tonex Max (amplitube). However since I already own the software, I'm hesitant to register the pedal (it seems that's how you unlock the licenses) as I don't know what would happen with the licenses. Will they just disappear? Ideally, if possible, I would like to give the licenses that came with the pedal to a friend I do projects with, but don't want to have him register the pedal as his.

So questions are, If I register this pedal in my account do I loose the licenses that come with it since I already have the software or do I get 2 licenses that show up in the manager some how?

If it does give a second license, would I be presented with serials I would then have to register for the software(If so, that makes giving the license easy) or does it automatically register and I have to shell out another $20 to IK to transfer each license(if that's even possible for this software)?

I mean I wish this was a little straight forward and that there was a code to register the pedal and codes for the software separately in the box.

Thanks ahead of time!
Cobain_0001@hotmail.com

Re: License question regarding Tonex software and Pedal

Postby Cobain_0001@hotmail.com » Sun May 21, 2023 4:20 pm

30+ to views so far and no replies... Am I really asking something that edge case? I figured some users out there would have bought the pedal after owning ToneX Max and could offer some insight to what happens after you register the pedal. I'm not looking for all the answers at once, well... unless you work for IK :D .

Thanks again and for your interest and reading this far =)
Cobain_0001@hotmail.com

Re: License question regarding Tonex software and Pedal

Postby Cobain_0001@hotmail.com » Thu May 25, 2023 4:43 pm

I contacted IK support, but I've not verified what they said yet.

Their answer was:
I will have two licenses after registering the pedal, which I could then pay $20 for a license credit to transfer the license to my friend.
Cobain_0001@hotmail.com

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling