Noise within Tonex modeling

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Noise within Tonex modeling

Postby speedrcr8829 » Tue May 16, 2023 6:23 pm

There is a noise present, like a bad ground hum, after setting up for modeling. This happens with 2 interfaces (Scarlet 2i2, Behringer UMC404) and shows while setting up the guitar input, even when no amp or monitors are connected this shows on the input meter in Tonex for the guitar. It is audible through the amp and monitors, when using the connected guitar or using the guitar riffs within the Tonex app. The cables are known to be good, same with guitar. This happens while the laptop is running on AC power or battery. I have contacted support and I'm on my 3rd day of waiting for an initial response. The only possible solution I can see are: the interface is connected via a USB to thunderbolt adapter hub which I am going to replace. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Maybe there is something I am missing?
speedrcr8829

Re: Noise within Tonex modeling

Postby Larsvdbooren1 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:19 pm

Did you ever get a response from support?
I'm currently dealing with a very similar issue and just explained everything to support hoping they'll be able to come up with a solution.
Larsvdbooren1

Postby speedrcr8829 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:41 pm

Larsvdbooren1 wrote:Did you ever get a response from support?
I'm currently dealing with a very similar issue and just explained everything to support hoping they'll be able to come up with a solution.

Unfortunately I got nowhere with support...
But I used a different reamp box and the noise is gone. However the input signal going to the amp is reduced to less than what a guitar would put out (with everything turned up max). Maybe this is their way of forcing you to buy their reamp box?
speedrcr8829

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:08 pm

Our reamp box is not required and of course we don't force people to use our hardware through such means. People have used many other reamp boxes and audio interfaces with great results (including the Tone Partners who have commercial collections available on ToneNET). I would suggest continuing to work with support letting them know that your issue isn't resolved and they will assist you further. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby spuddlicious » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:46 pm

Was there any resolution? I seem to be having the same or a similar problem with my Tonex (either standalone app or plugin) and Amplitube 5. All other non-IK plugins are fine.

I've already created a new support case in my profile.
spuddlicious

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling