Modeling Rig Advice Axe I/O + UAD Apollo Twin MkII + UAD OX

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Modeling Rig Advice Axe I/O + UAD Apollo Twin MkII + UAD OX

Postby fpollero » Tue May 16, 2023 9:12 am

Hello everyone! First post here, I'm Italian, 58yo and passionate guitarist... I gave a look to avoid a duplicate thread but even if there are similar arguments around, I found nothing leading me to a clear answer.
I want to profile my two homebuilt tube amps, a JTM45 head and a 5E3 Tweed Deluxe combo. At least for the JTM I would use the OX BOX for its Cab IR...

As specified in the subject I do have an UAD Apollo Twin MkII soundcard and the Axe I/O, unless I'm totally dumb I think I have to plug my 1/4" guitar cable in the instrument Input of the Apollo, run a 1/4" cable fm one output of the Apollo to an input of the Axe I/O, then connect the Axe I/O 'Amp Out' to an input of my JTM (jumped in my case) and return from an output of the Ox Box to the second input of the Apollo... This make any sense? The Axe I/O is used as a reamp box... A second option I'd have is to use the Axe I/O as soundcard and a Radial ProRMP studio reamper as a Reamp box... what is best?

Just want to thank in advance anyone for your replies, and apologize for the 'basic' question but it's lotta stuff, cable connections and routing for my poor brain! Cheers!!!
Fabio
fpollero

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling