Librarian - Tonex is not connected

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Librarian - Tonex is not connected

Postby harri.k » Sat May 13, 2023 6:20 am

I downloaded all the software, plugged in my new tonex pedal. Opened the Tonex software, I set the audio settings to: tech = ASIO, Input = Tonex In 1, output = Tonex.
I have my headphones plugged into the pedal.
I can play my guitar through and hear it ok through the headphones.
In the Player tab -> Tone Models . I can change tone models and can hear the changes.
I click the Librarian tab, and it says "Tonex is not connected, Connect your Tonex pedal to operate with the Tonex Librarian tab".

Why does the librarian tab not recognise the pedal?

Note: on the pedal I did change global settings -> Operation to Interface as recommended but it still did not work.
harri.k

Re: Librarian - Tonex is not connected

Postby ozzyknox » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:50 pm

Same experience for me. Got the pedal 2 days ago. Trying to connect it to my TONEX software and use the Librarian.

- I have installed the ASIO drivers for TONEX.
- In the Audio Settings, it picks up the TONEX device
- In the Librarian tab, it says in the top right "TONEX - NOT Connected", and in the centre of the screen "TONEX is not connected. Connect your TONEX Pedal to operate with the TONEX Librarian tab."

Please help.
ozzyknox

Postby harri.k » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:34 am

If you get the same issue, can you also let IK Multimedia tech support know, so they know its not just me. I have contacted them, they seem helpful and we have gone back and forth with some investigation, but not solved yet.
I noticed I can get the librarian to work on another computer, but not my main laptop. So at least I have that option, but really want to get it to work on my laptop.
So far I have tried the following:
- uninstalling and reinstalling all ik-multimedia software
- Different usb ports, same problem
- checking device manager, and the tonex appears there ok
- checked event viewer for errors
- checking the IK multimedia log files
- turning off my anti-virus to see if that was blocking it
- also sent some other system info to ik-multi, but waiting to hear back.
harri.k

Postby ozzyknox » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:56 am

Hi @harri.k, I have some good news.

After reading this post on Facebook (not sure if you are part of this group called Amplitube ToneX Pedal And Plugin Users - https://www.facebook.com/groups/585615555111568/posts/2001950736811369) it gave me the idea to try and do a recovery by clicking on the down arrow next to where it says that the TONEX is not connected in the top left. I then followed the recovery instructions. First time failed, second time succeeded. Then I reconnected according to the next instructions that it gave me in the TONEX software. Then I saw the Librarian syncing. Then it failed and I tried disconnecting my USB cable and connecting again. It then synced and showed the pedal as connected.

I hope this helps you. Good luck and let me know how you get on.
ozzyknox

Postby christan.andre » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:34 am

Hey guys, were any of you able to solve the librarian issue as well? I still can't connect =(
I ran recovery several times, factory reset, tried 3 diferent USB cables (even a USB-B - USB-C high speed cable I use to connect irig and Tonex to Ipad with no issue) But there is nothing I do that makes librarian work :( i'm on software 1.1.6 and firmware 1.0.5

Just Managed to solve it! Found a solution on the the website audiosex.pro (quite unexpected!)

https://audiosex.pro/threads/ik-multime ... 92/page-50

The issue is that it seems that tonex cannot connect if there is another audio interface on the PC. the link above mentions "another USB interface CONNECTED" but I had only the TONEX connected to the PC, and all drivers were working, and could use it as an actual interface - just the librarian didn't work. So I went to test that even virtual connections or even another USB interface driver simply installed could cause the issue, and when I uninstalled PARSEC and UNIVERSAL control (and all Presonus audiobox drivers with it), the TONEX synced and worked fine!

Now I finally can download tonenet amp models to my stomp box \o/

hope this can help someone out there!

Thanks!
christan.andre

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:01 pm

I don't believe that is a global issue as I and others in forums have been able to connect TONEX Pedal while also having another interface connected. I'm glad that it is solved for you but I would recommend anybody having this or similar issues to report them to IK Support so they can identify some details like which interfaces this might happen with specifically, other system info, etc. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby harri.k » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:31 am

My Librarian still doesnt work on my laptop. (But fortunately is does work on another computer so I have been able to load in new amp models.)
I have tried the recovery process multiple times, but that made no change.
I tried disabling all other audio drivers this didnt work either. My other audio drivers in device manager were only the windows default Realtek ones, I have no 3rd party drivers like Presonus installed. I disabled rather than un-installed the Realtek drivers, not sure if uninstall will make any difference.
I had sent all the files IKMultimedia requested to diagnose the issue a month ago but heard nothing back.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
harri.k

Postby sjs456aze » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:57 pm

I had the same problem and just solved it.
Create a dummy preset for every slot in the ToneX Pedal.
amp cap must be set.
if connected normally, Initialize one more time with the "import default library" menu.
sjs456aze

Postby polumk » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:50 am

I have this problem.
I use windows 11 ,Librarian can't detect tonex pedal
I use windows 10, tonex work !!

maybe about C++ plugin~~~
polumk

Postby bertsmith30 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:57 am

Computer sees Tonex Pedal. :cry: Software librarian does not. :cry: I've got a support ticket open.
bertsmith30

Postby Damienraf » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:37 pm

christan.andre wrote:and when I uninstalled PARSEC

Thank you so much, I've been having this issue and uninstalling Parsec solved it.
Damienraf

Postby bertsmith30 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:41 pm

Forgot about this post but yeah, PARSEC is what was causing my problem. Specifically the PARSEC virtual USB adapter. You can just disable that in device manager and instantly get access to your Tonex pedal through librarian. When you are done, just reenable the driver.
bertsmith30

Postby elsoncorreiajr@gmail.com » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:56 pm

Hi,
I had this problem I have solved installing the TONEX Pedal ASIO Driver 5.5.0 (Windows).

I hope this can help you!
elsoncorreiajr@gmail.com

Postby hezetabry » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:43 am

What I did was to change the USB driver for the tonex control vcom.
To do this download Zadig.
Open Zadig, options, list all devices. Find ToneX control VCOM and on the driver (right side dropdown) select USB Serial (CDC)
Wait for it to finish and watch your ToneX pedal connect to Librarian!

*Video just shows how to go to the option as I already fixed my issue. Tried to replicate but my pedal instantly connects to librarian

https://youtu.be/Pla2uetRjF8
hezetabry

Postby marcmf82 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:39 am

hezetabry wrote:What I did was to change the USB driver for the tonex control vcom.
To do this download Zadig.
Open Zadig, options, list all devices. Find ToneX control VCOM and on the driver (right side dropdown) select USB Serial (CDC)
Wait for it to finish and watch your ToneX pedal connect to Librarian!

*Video just shows how to go to the option as I already fixed my issue. Tried to replicate but my pedal instantly connects to librarian

https://youtu.be/Pla2uetRjF8

Same problem here, I tried this solution, but didn't work too...
I'm kind of frustrated here, I've tried several ways to solve it but I've had the pedal for a week without being able to use it...
Anyone else having the same problem here?
marcmf82

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling