How's AmpliTube and bluesy PRS?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How's AmpliTube and bluesy PRS?

Postby TorhanPiper » Wed May 10, 2023 7:48 am

What is the user's experience with the amp/gear modeling software AmpliTube and what is their impression of it, as demonstrated by a brief bluesy test-run with their PRS S2 Standard?
TorhanPiper

Re: How's AmpliTube and bluesy PRS?

Postby Sharmon123@ » Wed May 10, 2023 7:18 pm

What does this even mean ?
Sharmon123@

Postby Timo2019 » Thu May 11, 2023 6:13 am

lol :cry:
Timo2019

Postby Boogieshoes » Sat May 13, 2023 5:46 pm

In charitable mind, I would say it’s a query about the use ability of Amplitube with a PRS guitar for blues.

I think the answer would be, assuming the op has a PRS, to download and try the demo software. Whilst it will not give you all the amp and cab choices you may wish to try for blues it would give you a chance to find out how to software works. It is very different to using real amps as the sounds are modelled. So the dynamics and touch/feel of playing the Amplitube stuff (when AT5 works, in my case AT4 was better) is radically different to playing an Amp at the same settings. It simply does not translate the real feedback of volume to guitar body/string resonance. It is an acquired taste I’d say.

As to with a PRS, we’ll I don’t have one, plenty of strats, 335’s, Les Paul’s and Ibanez ssh types and all bring their characteristics to the game, but subject to the comment about audio volume and feedback to guitar body resonance made above.
Boogieshoes

Postby Sharmon123@ » Sat May 13, 2023 5:51 pm

I looked at it as the OP was looking for someone to try Amplitube 5 with their PRS Standard. That would not really be helpful as someone with that calibre of guitar and a user of Amplitube likely has the full version. This would not be the OP's experience with the free version.
Sharmon123@

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling