Change install location from c:// in Windows

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Change install location from c:// in Windows

Postby Dennis.Sarlis.810304 » Mon May 08, 2023 4:19 pm

Hello,

I'll also check on the VEPro forums as well.....but, I am trying to setup AmpliTube to function on my VEPro7 slave, which is running on Windows 11.

In the install of AmpliTube, the only install that VEPro recognizes the VST3 plugins is if everything is installed on my system drive, which is C://, which also where my VEPro slave is installed. I would like to keep VEPro on C://, and move Amplitube over to my F:// drive. Both C and F are m.2 nvme's on the PCs SATA bus

VEPro will only see the AmpliTube VST3 plugins when AmpliTube is installed on C:// only. If I move any part of the install over to F:// drive, VEPro looses visibility of the VST3 plugs. Interestingly, the VST2 plugs are detected by VEPro.

I even tried an AmpliTube install where all I did was substituted "C" for "F", and kept all the install directory structure the same......VST3 plugs still not seen by VEPro.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dennis
Dennis.Sarlis.810304

Re: Change install location from c:// in Windows

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 08, 2023 7:07 pm

As I understand it, al VST3 plug-ins have to be in (sub-folders in) C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. It's Steinberg thing. But maybe the VEPro developers could relax things a bit.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling