Tonex pedal quit connecting to the computer

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex pedal quit connecting to the computer

Postby 120db- » Fri May 05, 2023 7:12 pm

I've had my Tonex Pedal a few weeks now and everything was working fine, but now the pedal will not connect to the computer. It plays back the presets ok into my studio monitors but it refuses to connect to the computer. I have swapped the usb cables and have tried different usb ports. It's almost as if the usb port on the pedal went bad and is not communicating with the computer.
120db-

Re: Tonex pedal quit connecting to the computer

Postby Gasmith61 » Sat May 20, 2023 7:21 am

I'm having the very same issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Gasmith61

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 20, 2023 6:53 pm

Peter_IK, in the Guidelines thread wrote:Please do not post just to confirm a problem, without adding any useful diagnostic details. Such posts will very likely be removed without notice. The best thing to do is report the problem to Technical Support with any details that you can supply.

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby 120db- » Sat May 20, 2023 7:53 pm

I have been in contact with customer support and they have been very helpful in resolving the issue. After going through various trouble shooting it has been determined that the USB port on the pedal stopped functioning. There is a new replacement pedal headed my way.
120db-

Postby Poppysguitar » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:40 am

That's good to know but how did Tech support figure that out?
I have been dealing with the same nightmare for days.
[mod edit: redacted, unnecessary]
Thanks.
Poppysguitar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling