ToneX crashes unexpectedly at startup on Macos

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX crashes unexpectedly at startup on Macos

Postby Tommy42 » Fri May 05, 2023 5:40 pm

Hello,

After several unsuccessful attempts to get ToneX running on my Mac (Apple M1, 8 GB, Ventura 13.3.1 (a)), I have to ask for help here. The installation and authorization of ToneX SE were successful. Other software (such as Amplitube 5.5 SE) and my axe I/O run without any issues. However, everytime when I start ToneX, I get the error message "ToneX has unexpectedly quit" with an error report from macOS. Same in Safe Mode of Macos. What could be causing this?

Best regards,
Thomas
Tommy42

Re: ToneX crashes unexpectedly at startup on Macos

Postby FartimusGoredung4 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:06 am

same here albeit running MacOS Sonoma 14.0 M1/16Gb so I kinda expect that behavior but wouldn't on earlier MacOS versions ie. Ventura
FartimusGoredung4

Postby rmanco216 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:50 pm

Same issue here. Can not get tonex to work on my Mac.
rmanco216

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:06 pm

TONEX is running here without issue on the latest MacOS on a 16GB M1 MacBook Pro so I'd recommend opening a ticket with IK Support so they can get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GHodkinson » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:15 am

I'm running a MacBook Pro M2 16gb of RAM and the latest version of Sonoma. I have also downloaded the latest versions of Tonex and AmpliTube but both crash on start up every time. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?
GHodkinson

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:39 pm

GHodkinson wrote:I'm running a MacBook Pro M2 16gb of RAM and the latest version of Sonoma. I have also downloaded the latest versions of Tonex and AmpliTube but both crash on start up every time. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? They'd be able to help get to the bottom of the issue you're having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GHodkinson » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:03 am

Thanks. I’ll try that
GHodkinson

Postby bontempi2 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:08 pm

Same issue here, can't get ToneX to work with either Logic Pro or Ableton, it freezes when i launch the plugin. Updated to 1.2.5, no luck. Even the standalone version doesn't work. I've sent a report to support.
bontempi2

Postby bontempi2 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:59 pm

beware if you update to latest sonoma beta 14.2 : it seems like it made a lot of my iLok plugins stop working....
bontempi2

Postby JoostGuitar72 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:00 pm

Same problem for me. With the previous version of Tonex 1.2.4 under Macos Ventura, the application worked but I had to relaunch the application via Terminal (FHS?). Since updating my Mac (Sonoma) and installing version 1.2.5 of Tonex (after having properly uninstalled the old version) the application crashes each time it is launched. I contacted IK Multimedia support who kindly invited me to uninstall then reinstall, which I did several times without success. I contacted my reseller in France so that he could contact IK Multimedia support directly and give me an explanation. Maybe…
JoostGuitar72

Postby bontempi2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:02 pm

Sonoma developer bêta 14.2 (23C5055b) fixed the iLok issue and ToneX works here
bontempi2

Postby ShatteredMcCafferty » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:47 pm

All

I have noticed that ToneX Max sometimes refuses to open. I open Amplitube, close it down and then open ToneX and it seems to work then.

Strange issue.

Mike
ShatteredMcCafferty

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling