Interface compatibilities question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Interface compatibilities question

Postby jcook27 » Fri May 05, 2023 3:52 am

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface and all the trial software and drivers that came with it already installed and working on my computer and DAW.

Will installing the ToneX ASIO drivers overwrite or interfere with my current drivers?
Can the ToneX pedal and the Focusrite interface both be connected / used at the same time?
Are there any issues with both being connected that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your assistance.
jcook27

Re: Interface compatibilities question

Postby Sharmon123@ » Fri May 05, 2023 4:10 pm

I would just use the Tonex as the interface https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xb542UjiTI&t=68s
Sharmon123@

Postby jcook27 » Fri May 05, 2023 11:24 pm

Yes, I realize I can use the ToneX as an interface. I am using the Focusrite instead. The questions was about using both - or at least having them both plugged in at the same time. And, are there any driver or software conflicts.
jcook27

Postby Boogieshoes » Sat May 06, 2023 10:17 am

Assuming you are using Windows.

Installing additional drivers should not impact the use of the Focusrite kit.

The primary impact would be which device(s) are connected to the pc. AND what software you are using to interact with the device(s) and how that software of which there could be more than one is configured.

For example Reaper DAW (digital audio workstation) software that I use to record can be configured for the ASIO drivers provided with your Focusrite interface or the Tonex ASIO driver depending which interface you want to use at that time.

Hope that helps, but please don’t ask for more detail about Tonex stuff. Not saying it’s bad, I don’t have one and have not even added the Tonex features for Amplitube.
Boogieshoes

Postby jcook27 » Sun May 07, 2023 7:54 pm

Ok. Thanks for the response. I also am using Reaper DAW and using Windows 10.
jcook27

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling