Latency and Glitches recording in Logic

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Latency and Glitches recording in Logic

Postby ManFromNapa74 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:43 pm

I'm experiencing issues when I record and have Amplitube anywhere in my mix. I was trying to record guitar the other night and I was getting latency and "glitches". I had to switch to the stock Logic Amp sim and the issue resolved. I was able to record my track. After, I switched back to Amplitube and the tone I liked. Playback worked great. I figured that I wouldn't be able to record with Amplitube, but would use it after.

Then, last night I went to record vocals and the latency and glitches where there. I tried Low Latency Recording and that didn't fix it. So I removed Amplitube from the guitar track and all the issues went away.

My system isn't that old, but it feels like I can't do as much as I used to with it. Don't know if that's real, or just my perception. Is it that as my plugins upgrade, they need more power? Has Apple "throttled" my power like they were accused of doing on iOS devices?

Or is it just that IK Multimedia needs to fix something in Amplitube?
Check out my band Thru The Haze
https://www.thruthehazeband.com
ManFromNapa74

Re: Latency and Glitches recording in Logic

Postby filipe.npt » Tue May 02, 2023 4:20 pm

I'm having the exact same problem.

I used garageband until now but the tonex software could not get authorized there in spite of following all the instructions by IK support.

I then downloaded the free 90 day trial Logic Pro. Initially I could record using the tonex plugin but then it started to get noisier, with hum and crackling sounds and to make matters worse all of a sudden I started to get such latencies that it is impossible to record even though Logic settings say that the latency is just 3,8 ms.

I don't really have a solution, just sharing the same experience. sorry.
filipe.npt

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling