ToneX and Boss Katana or FRFR

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX and Boss Katana or FRFR

Postby jucanery » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:00 pm

Hi, so I get this that you need ToneX software to edit your own tones. So far so good.

Then you put them on the pedal just to realize that it doesn't sound so good on an FRFR or the Boss Katana Power Amp In.

The problem is that you can only edit the tones while connected to your audio interface and using ToneX in standalone mode.

After that you go back and plug your guitar into the Tonex pedal and then into the FRFR or Katana with the Cab Sim Off.

Now what? If it sounds bad, you can only edit the patch on the pedal itself which is not very practical imo.

The software at this stage, even with the pedal connected via USB, the software does absolutely nothing to control or edit the patches.

Are we on the same boat or what am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
jucanery

Re: ToneX and Boss Katana or FRFR

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 03, 2023 8:04 pm

What are you monitoring through when you have TONEX Pedal in interface mode connected to your computer?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jucanery » Wed May 03, 2023 8:33 pm

I'm monitoring via a guitar amp.
jucanery

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 03, 2023 8:52 pm

I would recommend sending the outputs of the TONEX Pedal to the FRFR whether you are plugging it into your computer or not. Then the output will be exactly the same whether you are using the pedal in interface mode or live mode.

Also with the FRFR you should not disable the cab sim on TONEX Tone Models. With the Katana you'd want to turn off all amp/cab simulation on it unless you want to further color the tone which will not give great results usually.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling