Does Amplitube SE use an e-license tied to hardware?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Does Amplitube SE use an e-license tied to hardware?

Postby coolRick69 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:50 pm

I'm looking at purchasing an iRig HD2 which comes with Amplitube SE and Tonex SE. I have an audio interface on my main computer already and I would use the iRig HD2 on my iPad and second computer. Will I be able to activate Amplitube SE/Tonex SE on my main computer without the hardware being connected? Thanks!
coolRick69

Re: Does Amplitube SE use an e-license tied to hardware?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:52 pm

There is no hardware used to license our software. Your bonus software unlocks in your IK account / IK Product Manager / IK User Area once you register your iRig HD 2 then you can install it on your computer without having the iRig HD 2 attached.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby coolRick69 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:There is no hardware used to license our software. Your bonus software unlocks in your IK account / IK Product Manager / IK User Area once you register your iRig HD 2 then you can install it on your computer without having the iRig HD 2 attached.

Thanks for the quick response! Can I have Amplitube SE/Tonex SE installed on 2 PCs as long as the software isn't used on both machines at the same time?
coolRick69

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:39 pm

coolRick69 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:There is no hardware used to license our software. Your bonus software unlocks in your IK account / IK Product Manager / IK User Area once you register your iRig HD 2 then you can install it on your computer without having the iRig HD 2 attached.

Thanks for the quick response! Can I have Amplitube SE/Tonex SE installed on 2 PCs as long as the software isn't used on both machines at the same time?

Yes you can!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby coolRick69 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
coolRick69 wrote:

Yes you can!

Thanks again! Is there an upgrade path from Amplitube SE to the standard or Max versions?
coolRick69

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:35 pm

You can see all the upgrades / crossgrades available to you in the IKM web site, in your User Area / Crossgrades and Upgrades section.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby coolRick69 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:52 pm

DarkStar wrote:You can see all the upgrades / crossgrades available to you in the IKM web site, in your User Area / Crossgrades and Upgrades section.

I haven't purchased it yet, I'm still deciding between iRig HD2 (with SE versions) or buying the standard version of Amplitube. I'm using the CS versions now, so my upgrade section doesn't show any upgrades available. Do you offer an upgrade from the SE version to the standard version?
coolRick69

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:03 am

Looking at this page, it seems OK:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/eligibilitycheck/index.php?a=amplitube-5

But for a definitive answer, check with Sales / Order Support via the IKM web site, who can look at your User Account and see what's going on.. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling