New to AmpliTube and need help. It does not sound good

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

New to AmpliTube and need help. It does not sound good

Postby RobertC97470 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:50 pm

Hello and thank you for any guidance. I am trying downsize my rig and move into the computer modeling world. It's not going well. I started this journey by purchasing the Tonex Pedal to use both stand alone and as a computer interface with AmpliTube.

Lenovo I7 with 16G/ram Windows 10
Suhr Modern Guitar
Tonex Pedal
Headrush frfr108

The above is what I am using to run AmpliTube Max. It sounds lifeless, and nothing like the amazing YouTube videos that Demo it. I have bypassed Amps and Cabs in the Tonex Pedal under Preset settings and the Cab under Global setting and Operation set to Interface. In the control panel it's set to ASIO and 256buffer size.

When running AmpliTube everything sounds unnaturally distorted, thin sounding with no Dynamic feel. It just sounds terrible. I'm at a loss and wondering if I'm asking too much from the Tonex Pedal. Wondering if I need a dedicated Interface like the Axe IO or Scarlett?
I would really like to love AmpliTube but need help getting it to sound good.
Before assuming a different interface will solve my problem I thought I'd reach out.
I have played with mic placement and different cabs and tweeked the amp settings to no avail. It just sounds bad. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your assistance
RobertC97470

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling