Amplitube 5 no longer opens on Windows 11

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 no longer opens on Windows 11

Postby Cristianmay78 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:15 pm

As of today Amplitube has decided not to work anymore.
The initial screen appears and after a few seconds it closes without reporting any type of error.
I tried unsuccessfully to follow some advice in other forum threads and, in the end, I even reinstalled the operating system with a clean install. Nothing, Amplitube doesn't want to open up anymore.
It worked until last night.
My operating system is Windows 11.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I have already opened a ticket with technical support.
Cristianmay78

Re: Amplitube 5 no longer opens on Windows 11

Postby rolandszpond » Wed May 17, 2023 7:19 am

Same. I've tried everything on Windows 11, and I'm having the same experience. I've even tried installing older versions of Amplitube 5 and the same thing happens.
rolandszpond

Postby rolandszpond » Fri May 19, 2023 5:35 pm

Found on another post within the forum, I solved my similar issue by deleting the presets folder inside of the documents path
rolandszpond

Postby Dillyo » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:46 pm

Having the same issue. Ampltiube won't open in standalone mode or even allow Avid Pro Tools to open when it attempts to preload that plugin. Seems to definitely be an IK Multimedia issue unfortunately.
Dillyo

Postby Dillyo » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:56 pm

rolandszpond wrote:Found on another post within the forum, I solved my similar issue by deleting the presets folder inside of the documents path

I want to confirm that this information is accurate, at least for my use case. When I deleted the presets folder located in the my documents, I was then able to open Ampltiube, no issue.

Thank you!
Dillyo

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling