Amplitube muddy tone when using Tonex pedals

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube muddy tone when using Tonex pedals

Postby gbtommasi » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:35 pm

Hi all, my first post here, hope someone is experiencing the same issue that I have.
Basically, when I use Tonex into Amplitube, everything is super fine until i put Tonex Pedals in the chain. If I only use one, it sounds good. Then, in a completely random way, when I re-open the preset it can sound very muddy, no highs at all just as if the tone on my guitar was rolled off completely.
If i use two tonex pedals, then it always gets muddy and lifeless. Often the only thing I can do is remove Tonex pedals. Sometimes it goes back to "normal" if I select the amp in the signal chain, then select a pedal. Not always.
I am using latest version of Amplitube 5 Max (not V2) and the latest of Tonex on a M2 MacBook pro. It's the same with the standalone and with the AU plugin.
I have been having this issue since the very first version of Amplitube/Tonex that allowed pedal models to be used in AmpliTube signal chain (and on an Intel Mac also).
Anyone gets the same? Am I doing something wrong?
Any help appreciated, thanks
gbtommasi

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling