TONEX BAD AUDIO

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

TONEX BAD AUDIO

Postby tntent02 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:28 am

Bought the tonex pedal and installed all included software. My Problem is the tonex software When playing a sound sample of a tone model is terrible. Like, if I play a clean amp and the clean sample its static and unnatural distortion like a bad connection or something. I ve played around with settings, uninstalled and reinstalled. Everything else works as intended. It does this if I just play tonex audio on the pc without any interface or with an interface. Anyone have an Idea ?
tntent02

Re: TONEX BAD AUDIO

Postby RobertC97470 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:54 pm

Gosh.. I wish I could offer you a solution!
I had high hopes using it as an interface and the AmpliTube Software, upgraded to the Max version. It sounds like absolute rubbish no matter what I do/choose.. I imagine there has to be a way of sounding closer to the amazing sounds we hear from others using the Tonex Pedal and AmpliTube together. For now all I hear is terribly distorted tone coming from what sounds like an amp under water covered in blankets. lol Nasal, muffled sound, no clarity or dynamics is the best way I can describe it. Being new to this I can only imagine user error because there is no way the sound I'm hearing would be acceptable to anyone. Forum Guru's please point us in the right direction
RobertC97470

Postby tntent02 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:04 pm

To be clear, This is obviously something in the software not allowing the sound to play correctly on mt pc. Sounds that I play on the pedal which are fantastic, sound like noisy trash on the pc. Doesnt seem to matter if I play through the pc speakers or my focusrite scarlett 18i8 into monitors. [mod redacted - unnecessary, please review the rules when posting]
tntent02

Postby Opiateofthemasses86 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:59 am

Does the sound sample have a cab IR attached? Some people don't put them on.
Opiateofthemasses86

Postby tntent02 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:57 pm

Yes it has a cab, Thanks for responding.. Im at a loss here.
tntent02

Postby Sorbz62 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:51 pm

If you are connecting a Tonex Pedal to a PC/ Mac via USB and also have the Tonex software on, you MUST bypass the pedal (press the active preset footswitch until the light changes) otherwise you are playing 2 instances of a capture at the same time. You wouldn't plug into one amp and then from there into another would you? Try it.

You can also change the pedal from Live to interface or vice versa. See if that helps.
Sorbz62

Postby jase.ellis@gmail.com » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:41 pm

RobertC97470 wrote: For now all I hear is terribly distorted tone coming from what sounds like an amp under water covered in blankets. lol Nasal, muffled sound, no clarity or dynamics is the best way I can describe it.

I'm getting exactly this too. Did you find a fix? I get these symtoms without using the Tonex Pedal. I go, Guitar into M-Audio interface, connected to computer via usb, then from the monitor output of the interface directly into my Headrush FRFR powered speaker.
I have the Tonex pedal too, and doesn't sound much better using a factory pre-set going guitar into Tonex Pedal direct into the Headrush FRFR powered speaker. No computer or external pedals used.
What am I doing wrong. It must be user error, as I watch You Tube clips and the Pedal sounds great, but not when I use it! It only sounds OK.
jase.ellis@gmail.com

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling