Amplitube 8 track editing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 8 track editing

Postby Ellmar0 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:12 pm

Hi, first time posting here. I was wondering if someone could help me as far as cutting and deleting parts of a track. I know that you’re supposed to go to the waveform and double click to get the editing menu to open, but how do I highlight the part of the track I want to edit? Every time I try to drag those tiny arrows, it just deletes the entire track. Could really use some help. Thank you
Ellmar0

Re: Amplitube 8 track editing

Postby Sharmon123@ » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:25 pm

Here is a quick and dirty tutorial on how to use the looper as an 8 track recorder that may help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-gcSReo_ws
Sharmon123@

Postby Ellmar0 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:53 pm

Thanks for the link, but I can record individual tracks and slide them around etc. What I want to do..for example, if I make a mistake… say in the middle of a song, I want to point to the beginning of the mistake and drag through and highlight to the end of the mistake and delete just that portion. If anyone is used to using Audacity ..you can do just what I’m describing…you can delete it..add effects to it or whatever. I cannot dive into the middle of a song and edit it. I’m using it on iPad, I don’t know if that makes a difference, but it shouldn’t.
Ellmar0

Postby Sharmon123@ » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:18 pm

I am used to having Amplitube 5 as an effects processor for Presonus One which is very intuitive when it comes to moving around tracks and taking out bits and replacing them, overlays, etc. I don't know if the mini DAW in Amplitube 5 is a full blown DAW or just as a quick and dirty way to hear how the chain sounds in your song with all the tracks in place.
Sharmon123@

Postby Ellmar0 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pm

Yeah, me too..the processor is good..I just run Amplitube through a power amp then out to a 4 x 12 cabinet. The recorder / DAW works well and is very easy to use as well as forgiving. It just bugs me a little about that editing feature…or non feature. I probably won’t need it if I want to edit out a mistake anyway because the punch in/out feature is absolutely seamless. Thank you again for your assistance.
Ellmar0

Postby johnhines » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:42 pm

Select the track you wish to edit in Studio view. Move the play head to where you want to begin your edit and click the waveform again. A menu will pop-up and click "Split". Move the play head to the end of your cut and tap the Waveform again to bring up the pop-up menu and select "Split" again. Drag your "bad" audio to another track or delete it. You can then slide your tracks back together minus what you removed.
johnhines

Postby Ellmar0 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:04 pm

That’s it!! That works perfectly. Thank you very much, man…I really appreciate the help.
Ellmar0

Postby Hakham673 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:35 am

Sure, I can help you with that. To highlight the part of the track you want to edit, you need to click and hold your mouse button at the beginning of the section you want to cut or delete, then drag your mouse to the end of the section and release the button. This should create a highlighted section of the waveform. Once you have that, you can use the editing menu to cut, copy, or delete the highlighted section. If you're still having trouble, let me know and I can guide you through it step-by-step.
Hakham673

Postby Ellmar0 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:42 am

Thanks! I think part of the problem was with using an iPad without a mouse. I appreciate your help.
Ellmar0

Re: Amplitube recorder on/off

Postby Ellmar0 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:58 am

Ok..last stupid question, I promise.

How do I turn the recorder daw OFF? I just want to play the guitar with the effects into my amp WITHOUT going through the recorder eq.
Ellmar0

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling