Tonex Pedal issues as Audio interface

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Pedal issues as Audio interface

Postby Marco2073 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:21 am

Guys I'm having problems and I don't know if it's me that's missing something:

I would like to use the pedal instead of the PC soundcard, e.g. send in play audio from the PC (youtube) and play over it with the presets of the pedal, or rather open the library of the Tonex application and only hear what is selected on the application. I thought this was simple.

I connected the Tonex Pedal to the PC (windows 11) with the USB cable, connected output cables 1 and 2 directly to the monitor speakers, and installed the Asio driver.

I excluded other sound cards from the PC.

If I select LIVE mode on the Tonex Pedal, I only hear the pedal but not what is being played from the PC (YouTube for example).

If I select the "Interface" mode on the Tonex Pedal, on the other hand I hear what is being played back from the PC (YouTube for example) but not the sound of the Tonex Pedal.

Also in "Interface" mode, if I open the Tonex software, I hear two sounds at the same time: the sound of the preset inside the pedal and the sound of the preset selected inside the software library.

Furthermore, inside the IKMultimedia Asio interface (opening it at the bottom right of the windows screen), I see everything active except for the inputs and outputs, which are deactivated and cannot be activated, and I don't understand why.

Am I doing something conceptually wrong or is there actually a problem?
Marco2073

Re: Tonex Pedal issues as Audio interface

Postby symetal2023 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:47 pm

Bro, I had a similar problem. :cry:

Have you found the cause of the problem?
symetal2023

Postby Marco2073 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:14 pm

Today I discovered this but I don't know if it's the right solution:

in Global Setting you need to set the USB output to "DUAL" instead of "STEREO". On the Tonex software, to hear only the sounds of the plugin, you must select input 2 as the input. On the contrary, if you want to hear only the sound of the pedal, input 1. If you leave the pedal "STEREO", the USB cable carries both the pedal-processed sound (the pedal preset sound) and DRY sound (the guitar sound without the pedal sound). It's all very complicated but I think that's how you do it. If you want to play with a multimedia base from the PC, I think you have to open the Tonex plugin, and select Input 1 in the audio setting. If you want to use the pedal alone without an application and without bases, you can put the pedal in LIVE . If this is the situation, I hope an update comes out and makes everything automatic.

Another thing I didn't understand is whether the volume of the plugin should be raised or the TRIM input of the pedal lowered. People suggest lowering the TRIM to -10, but I think it's the plugin input that needs to be raised instead. This at least using the Tonex Pedal itself as sound card.
Marco2073

Postby Marco2073 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:32 am

Marco2073 wrote:Today I discovered this but I don't know if it's the right solution:

........If you want to play with a multimedia base from the PC, I think you have to open the Tonex plugin, and select Input 1 in the audio setting. .....

ok this doesn't work, still a lot of questions about the handling of the pedal with asio and as an audio interface...
Marco2073

Postby Mr_Crowley94 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:14 pm

Marco2073 wrote:Guys I'm having problems and I don't know if it's me that's missing something:

I would like to use the pedal instead of the PC soundcard, e.g. send in play audio from the PC (youtube) and play over it with the presets of the pedal, or rather open the library of the Tonex application and only hear what is selected on the application. I thought this was simple.

I connected the Tonex Pedal to the PC (windows 11) with the USB cable, connected output cables 1 and 2 directly to the monitor speakers, and installed the Asio driver.

I excluded other sound cards from the PC.

If I select LIVE mode on the Tonex Pedal, I only hear the pedal but not what is being played from the PC (YouTube for example).

If I select the "Interface" mode on the Tonex Pedal, on the other hand I hear what is being played back from the PC (YouTube for example) but not the sound of the Tonex Pedal.

Also in "Interface" mode, if I open the Tonex software, I hear two sounds at the same time: the sound of the preset inside the pedal and the sound of the preset selected inside the software library.

Furthermore, inside the IKMultimedia Asio interface (opening it at the bottom right of the windows screen), I see everything active except for the inputs and outputs, which are deactivated and cannot be activated, and I don't understand why.

I have excatly the same problem!!! Do you solve it??
Mr_Crowley94

Postby Marco2073 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:54 pm

yes, as above sescribed, you need to set in Global Setting the USB output to "DUAL" instead of "STEREO". On the Tonex software, to hear only the sounds of the plugin, you must select input 2 as the input.

Anyway still waiting for a reply to my ticket open on 31.03.

I think that the management of the asio should be reviewed, it should be all automatic as it happens with all the equipment I've had (QC, Helix, Kemper, Fractal) The manual is also very lacking in information.
Marco2073

Postby berkmutlu5 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:22 am

same issue.
berkmutlu5

Postby piszpunta » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:59 pm

Marco2073 wrote:Furthermore, inside the IKMultimedia Asio interface (opening it at the bottom right of the windows screen), I see everything active except for the inputs and outputs, which are deactivated and cannot be activated, and I don't understand why.

same issue. Can anyone help?
piszpunta

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:32 pm

These matters are best handled by IK Support directly for official support: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling