TONEX USB and back button issues

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

TONEX USB and back button issues

Postby Useron1975 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:09 pm

Hi,

I have recently bought a Tonex Pedal and the sound and functionality of this pedal and its associated application/plugin is amazing. However something is bugging me since I'm testing the unit and I still have the possibility of returning or asking for a change.

The first one is the USB which is, to say the least, unstable. If I connect to some of the USB ports of my computer it directly doesn't work at all (I don't understand since I have other 5 USB devices to the same USB card and all of them are working perfectly). If I connect to other ones present in the computer motherboard directly, it works but randomly the Tonex is disconnected while syncing the presets or even when I simply update one of them. Is this something that are widely happening or only to me? (by the way I saw a Leo Gibson video in Youtube where he was complaining about the fact that he had to try to update the unit several times because USB disconnections).

Additionally the Back dial/button in the top right part of the pedal when pressed it feels like faulty even when it really makes its function (going back in the menus and saving the preset). I mean, the sound and the feeling when pressed is not the same as the other two dials/buttons for model and parameter selection. Is that made on purpose? Does it happen to every Tonex pedal or only to the unit I own? I feel that something is not right with this button and it will end up stop working at some point.

P.S. I know I can contact IK multimedia support service and ask them, but I wanted to have some feedback from other users before.

Thank you in advance and.... Rock and roll!
Useron1975

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling