Tonex Routing option

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Routing option

Postby dnr » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:13 pm

I have been using the Tonex Pedal with my small pedalboard. Now I want to record using the Tonex Pedal together with My Keely two Knob Compressor and My Wampler Tumnus pedal in front. I will record straight from the pedal as I prefer the sound to Tonex in AmpliTube. However I wanted to use the stereo left out to to feed with a delay and reverb to my mixer and the right out to my DAW to record without the delay and reverb.

Is this Possible? If so how do I do it and is it possible to have dual mono out? If not, why not?
dnr

Re: Tonex Routing option

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:18 pm

You might want to try this, but note this is over the USB connection not from the analog outputs of the pedal so I'm not sure if this is 100% your solution but worth looking into. From the TONEX Pedal User Manual Setup --> Globals Setup section:

USB OUT – USB output routing: sets the USB OUT routing.
∙ STEREO: the stereo processed signal is routed to USB OUT 1 and 2.
∙ DUAL: the left processed signal is routed to USB OUT 1, the DI dry signal is routed to USB OUT 2
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Tonex Routing option

Postby dnr » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:52 pm

Thanks Peter. I want to be using my RME Fireface UC as I just cannot get the driver for the Tonex Pedal to work. I will give it another go tonight.

Edit:

Unfortunately as I run Cubase in 32 bit Float the Tonex Driver does not work. Surely the Tonex Pedal stereo outputs work with a mono input If not why is this? Can I request That IK considers a Firmware update that allows a stereo out and a dual mono out to allow for more flexible routings. A great pedal could be a lot greater!!
dnr

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling