AmpliTube 5 crashes when I use the looper.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 crashes when I use the looper.

Postby KholaTheKid » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:33 pm

The 8 track section of amplitube runs normal. It's all good on that end. But when I'm using the looper. It either crashes while I'm looping or crashes before I can even loop.

My pc specs is RTX 2070, Ryzen 2600x, and 16gb ram OC'd to 2966.

My Audio Interface is extremely outdated.
It's a Tascam US-122L. And the thing is, could it crash because of how outdated the Audio Interface is? The drivers I use for it are probably outdated and were the only ones I was able to find. I got it about 3 years ago, but my brother used it for about 5+ years before he gave it to me.
KholaTheKid

Re: AmpliTube 5 crashes when I use the looper.

Postby Sharmon123@ » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:48 pm

The easiest way to baseline your PC is against the DAW you are using if you are. That will be your processing bottleneck. Your memory is a little low and I find 32 Gb gives AmpliTube 5 lots of breathing room. Windows audio is VERY sensitive with outdated drivers and exclusive audio control because a background process is likely fighting with Amplitube 5 for the use of it. Set your Windows performance to background processes priority and your display options to best performance. This will all help but overclocking and the drivers for the old interface are the likely culprits.
Sharmon123@

Postby KholaTheKid » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:01 pm

Sharmon123@ wrote:The easiest way to baseline your PC is against the DAW you are using if you are. That will be your processing bottleneck. Your memory is a little low and I find 32 Gb gives AmpliTube 5 lots of breathing room. Windows audio is VERY sensitive with outdated drivers and exclusive audio control because a background process is likely fighting with Amplitube 5 for the use of it. Set your Windows performance to background processes priority and your display options to best performance. This will all help but overclocking and the drivers for the old interface are the likely culprits.

So it'd be best to hold off on the looper until I upgrade the memory and audio interface?
KholaTheKid

Postby Sharmon123@ » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:21 pm

The other suggestions can be done prior to improve performance but an old driver especially audio or graphic has no work around. I use the Axe I/O with a Ryzen 7 / 32 Gb / 3 Tb SSD (important) and the looper in both Amplitube and Presonous and they both work flawlessly. A good article about optimizing Windows audio for a home studio will have the settings I mentioned and a few more (additionally USB power saving and a few more) .
Sharmon123@

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling