HELP! Amplitube 5 crashing!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: HELP! Amplitube 5 crashing!

Postby sunny164 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:02 am

Sent you a PM Peter, thank you for responding.
sunny164

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:03 pm

Got it, thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby J-200FM » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:38 pm

Has there been a resolution to this issue?

I just updated the product manager and uninstalled/reinstalled Amplitube 5 and it crashes every time while trying to start.
J-200FM

Postby gpittel » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:40 am

I literally just paid the $80 dollars and the exact same thing. Nothing works. Brand new MacBook Pro M2 2023 completely up to date. Crashes in logic and standalone mode. Can't even get a loading start screen. WTF?
gpittel

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:47 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby J-200FM » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:57 pm

I was seeing a lot of folks saying that other apps/plugins might be causing this issue. I did a clean install on a DIFFERENT laptop and it opened perfectly.

I came back to the problem laptop and did the following.

1. Uninstalled Amplitube 5 completely
2. Uninstalled IK Product Manager completely
3. Uninstalled Reaper
4. Uninstalled ASIO4All plugin

Then I reinstalled the IK Product Manager and Amplitube 5 and it opened perfectly. I then reinstalled the ASIO4All plugin and everything works fine again.

I hope this helps someone out there having this issue.
J-200FM

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:46 pm

ASIO4ALL is problematic for many. If you have official ASIO drivers for your interface (for our iRig interfaces we make the iRig ASIO driver for example, as well as official ASIO drivers for our AXE I/O line, etc) those will typically provide a much better experience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby aarcega@gmail.com » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:54 pm

To contact Support, it seems you may have to first search in their FAQ, and then get to this link:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/
aarcega@gmail.com

Postby jagrande » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:17 am

Has anyone looked into if Windows OneDrive is causing this issue?
jagrande

Postby jagrande » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:15 pm

My issue with AmpliTube 5 crashing was because of Microsoft OneDrive.

I have a new install of WIN11 and I at some point when I realized that OneDrive was backing up everything I was installing from Desktop and Documents folder I disabled it. I forgot all about disabling OneDrive and moved forward installing all my apps. I eventually tried to run AmpliTube 5 and the crash would happen.

Once I realized the IK Multimedia folder was not in my Documents folder I went to the OneDrive folder and that is where all it was. This is why I normally send OneDrive to the depths of hell after installing Windows. I have no idea why OneDrive was not backing up only. There should have been the originals in my Documents folder. Another reason to hate OneDrive.

So the temporary fix is to enable OneDrive and once I did this is AmpliTube 5 started up no problem. Now I have to move folders, get rid of OneDrive and hopefully get things back to normal.
jagrande

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling