HELP! Amplitube 5 crashing!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

HELP! Amplitube 5 crashing!

Postby jeremygomez » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:25 pm

Amplitube 5.5.4 (Mac Mini m1 running Monterey) crashes on me every time I try to launch it. When I try to open a Logic project that has tracks with Amplitube 5 on them, it crashes as well. This is a serious issue. I have tried reinstalling via the IK product manager to no avail.

I can't paste the entire stack trace that I get in MacOS, but here is the summary. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Code: Select all
-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               AmpliTube 5 [1147]
Path:                  /Applications/AmpliTube 5.app/Contents/MacOS/AmpliTube 5
Identifier:            com.ikmultimedia.AmpliTube5
Version:               5.5.4 (5.5.4)
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               504

Date/Time:             2023-03-11 15:16:14.9296 -0600
OS Version:            macOS 12.3 (21E230)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        34D333D2-CD12-D128-D11E-9A0183FA3119

Time Awake Since Boot: 310 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  JUCE Message Thread  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[__NSCFString getBytes:range:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x6000007a9d80'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
jeremygomez

Re: HELP! Amplitube 5 crashing!

Postby jeremygomez » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:15 am

UPDATE (sort of): I unauthorized AT in the product manager and it launched, but of course I got a message that it isn't authorized. As soon as I authorize it, it crashes on launch. :(
jeremygomez

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:22 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jeremygomez » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:30 pm

Yeah. Already did that. Just looking for any help that other users could possibly provide as well.
jeremygomez

Postby jeremygomez » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:13 pm

FINAL UPDATE (hopefully, and for anyone who cares): The IK uninstaller apparently wasn't removing everything. I had to use Appcleaner to remove all of the AT files. After that, a clean reinstall seems to have fixed the issue. (Fingers crossed)
jeremygomez

Postby akustikluv » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:58 am

I have exactly the same symptoms.
Even if I install again after a complete uninstall, it is the same symptom.
The same goes for using a third-party uninstaller.

M1pro, AT5 5.5.6
akustikluv

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:51 pm

DarkStar wrote:Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Primavera78 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:24 am

Same Here! My Amplitube 5 crashes each 15 minutes, either on standalone or plugin mode.
Primavera78

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:07 pm

Primavera78 wrote:Same Here! My Amplitube 5 crashes each 15 minutes, either on standalone or plugin mode.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby breathingrhythm1 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:19 am

Peter_IK wrote:
Primavera78 wrote:Same Here! My Amplitube 5 crashes each 15 minutes, either on standalone or plugin mode.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.

Where is the link to actually contact someone about this issue? I only see links to FAQs. I've been through all of the FAQs, and when I see people with the same issue, no questions are answered.
breathingrhythm1

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:24 pm

breathingrhythm1 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Thank you.

Where is the link to actually contact someone about this issue? I only see links to FAQs. I've been through all of the FAQs, and when I see people with the same issue, no questions are answered.

You would search the FAQ first as many issues are resolved with FAQ content. It states this at the top of the page:
Before contacting the Support team, please review your product's User Manual or visit the FAQ page as there is a chance that your issue has been addressed already and can be quickly resolved.

If you don't find a solution, you'll see a link in the FAQ entries to open a ticket.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dankletis » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:23 pm

Has anyone found a way to resolve this issue? I just installed amplitube 5 as well as the product manager and made sure everything is up to date. Every time I try to open the app it crashes. Its the same in logic pro.
dankletis

Postby aaronaardvark2g » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:41 am

I downloaded the latest version of Amplitube 5 and Tonex, with Mac OSX 10.15.7 today. It seems they run OK, but when I tried using a popular Amplitube 5 patch (Queen Brian May 1984 Line Tonex) from Tone Net, it crashed several times whether being in the Standalone or within Cubase AI 10.5. I own the Brian May thing, the Metal thing, and the free Amplitube 5 and free Tonex; not sure if I own all of the modeling items to make that patch work. Have any idea how to fix this problem?
aaronaardvark2g

Postby sunny164 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:53 pm

You are not alone, it seems as if the ToneNet browser is not allowing the Tonex presets to work in A5........the update for Tonex 1.2.3 has NOT fixed the issue, apparently, I have had no ability to use/open the ToneNet presets in the browser since the 5.7.0 (A5) or 1.2.2 (Tonex) Updates were installed about 2 weeks ago, everything else seems to work OK. And for the inevitable referral to the IK Support Team that is sure to come, been there done that and had brief contact on a ticket that suddenly ceased a week ago (got a tattered T-Shirt) that had screen shots and videos attached walking them through the issue, crickets since, no response, no ability to contact or forward any information to them (at mercy to the ticket thread that may have been compromised, glitched?). If one of the mods here can provide me with an email address, I would be happy to forward this info to them so they can forward it to the support team (6 screenshots and 2 short videos and a step by step description of how they got there) which might help save a lot of time and energy for them. Just a thought......BTW I have Windows 7
sunny164

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:18 pm

If you have a ticket with which you are unsatisfied or have been waiting longer than expected, please see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 for more information. Basically you'll need to provide your ticket number to the mods so they can bring it to the attention of the IK Support Manager.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling