Tonex issue

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Tonex issue

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:34 pm

What is your ticket number?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davideidelberg » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:What is your ticket number?

I have no idea. I can't find the email anymore, if I got one. I submitted my issue in the support section of the website.
davideidelberg

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:23 pm

davideidelberg wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:What is your ticket number?

I have no idea. I can't find the email anymore, if I got one. I submitted my issue in the support section of the website.

When you open a technical support ticket you get a confirmation email with a ticket number. If you supply the email address you put on the form and a quick reminder of your issue in a private message to me I can see what I can do.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davideidelberg » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:38 am

I put in another support request and received a ticket number. Got some support, but was shocked at what I was told.

1) Can I not use the pedal with the free version of ToneX to try it out before registering the full version? I mean it will sort of work, but hit library and it tells you to register the pedal that is already registered. That seems wrong to me. Is that how it's supposed to work?

2). The max software can be TRANSFERRED to the second owner of the pedal. This is a transfer that prevents the original owner from using the full software. The full software CANNOT be transferred to a third owner. I bought a used one from someone who didn't like it but if I actually register the software I'm stuck with the pedal because I can't transfer the software? AND I can't test it out with the free software to make sure I'll keep it because why?

IK is a software company, but now selling hardware. But the hardware is mostly useless without the software. I mean I can't find a way to even move my presets around without the software and I can't find a way to do it with the free software. If you sell hardware, don't make it worthless when sold. (Apparently this information is hidden on their website somewhere.)
davideidelberg

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:24 pm

We've sold hardware for years. The software (AmpliTube 5 and TONEX MAX) transfers with the pedal. The seller should have provided serials for the pedal and both pieces of software in order to send to the buyer.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davideidelberg » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:02 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We've sold hardware for years. The software (AmpliTube 5 and TONEX MAX) transfers with the pedal. The seller should have provided serials for the pedal and both pieces of software in order to send to the buyer.

I have the serial numbers, but I was told by IK Multimedia that it will transfer only once. If I use ToneX Max and ultimately don't like it, it will not transfer to a third buyer. Again, what I'm trying to do is test out the pedal using the free Tonex CS so I know whether I'll keep it but your software apparently will not let me do that. If I register and try it with ToneX Max, the pedal is nearly worthless in terms of me being able to sell it because the Max software will not transfer.

This is the email I received:

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

As stated on our website Licenses can only be transferred once. Once a license is transferred it cannot be transferred again. In this case if you sell the pedal a new owner would not be able to use it with the software.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you still have any question, interests, or concerns, please reply to this email and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to reply to this email and do not open another support ticket.
davideidelberg

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:27 pm

If the EULA does not allow a second transfer then IK Support would be the source to consult and it seems that is the case.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davideidelberg » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:37 pm

So why can't I just try my ToneX pedal using the free software to make sure I like it? That does not make any sense to me.
davideidelberg

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:59 pm

davideidelberg wrote:So why can't I just try my ToneX pedal using the free software to make sure I like it? That does not make any sense to me.

You can try the Tone Models with the software and with the 150 Tone Models on the pedal itself. You don't even need the pedal when you try them out via the software. The Librarian is unlocked when you register the pedal, then you can transfer the Tone Models to the pedal using the Librarian.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davideidelberg » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:14 am

But I did register the pedal. It’s showing in my ik manager as registered. When I hit librarian, it tells me to register the pedal.
davideidelberg

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:36 pm

davideidelberg wrote:But I did register the pedal. It’s showing in my ik manager as registered. When I hit librarian, it tells me to register the pedal.

Please let IK Support know you are having this issue and they will continue to assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davideidelberg » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:37 pm

I did and got no help!
davideidelberg

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:52 pm

davideidelberg wrote:I did and got no help!

Let them know their suggestions haven't resolved your issue and they will continue to assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:56 pm

Since this thread devolved into users fighting and this is not a support forum, please see the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 specifically the parts about what to do if you have an issue with a support ticket. This thread has now run its course.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling