Tonex issue

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex issue

Postby dnr » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:23 pm

I have bought the Tonex pedal and have been exploring Tonenet. However I have reached my download limit. I thought that Tonex Pedal users had Tonex Max. On My Products Page it only says Tonex. Perhaps I have not downloaded Tonex Max. How do I do so? Thanks.

Edit
I might add that Tonex Max appears in My Products but not in the Product Manager.
Now I had the wring serial Number in my package and support sent me the correct serial for me to register. Should they have also sent me a Tonex Max serial too?
dnr

Re: Tonex issue

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:44 am

TONEX MAX unlocks when you register your TONEX Pedal serial so what support provided would unlock that for you.

You might want to unauthorize then reauthorize TONEX in your IK Product Manager or ask Support if there is something you are missing.

Note that you should see TONEX MAX on the "Products" tab of TONEX in your IK Product Manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Upright » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:58 am

I had the same problem initially. When I registered the Tonex pedal it automatically installed the Tonex software...I assumed it installed the Max version but it did not. I guess for whatever reason it installs Tonex CS (the free version).When I reached my download limit I knew something was wrong. You need to go to the IKmultimedia website...In your account go to My Products, click software and in this section you'll find your serial number for the Max version. Once you register the Max version serial number in the Authorization Manager App {Mod edit: I think that you mean the IK Product Manager program] on your computer you should be good to go.
Upright

Postby dnr » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:01 am

Thank you both. I have just checked that the serial number for Tonex Max is there in My Products page. It took a while for it to appear in my list of products and I should have realised that was where the serial would be. :oops:

However I applaud IK for the effort they have made with this product, especially in including Tonex Max with the pedal. I have to say that using the pedal to record for some reason sounds slightly more wholistic/realistic than the software only. Great stuff!
dnr

Postby dnr » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:41 pm

Unfortunately having registered Tonex max it is not appearing in the Product manager and I still have the maxed out ToneNet limit. I assume these things should be automatic, so why the delay?

I have tried re-installing but no change. Should the GUI say Tonex Max? What might I be doing wrong, or is it not my fault at all?
dnr

Postby Upright » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:52 pm

I did a combination of things before I actually got it working. If I remember correctly I uninstalled and reinstalled Tonex (I may have done this before I registered Max). Also sign out of the IK website, Tone.net as well as both the authorization app and product manager apps and reboot your computer. I'm not sure if these steps actually help but I do remember doing these things. I know it's frustrating. I'm actually shocked more people aren't having this issue. Good luck man
Last edited by Upright on Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Upright

Postby dnr » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:53 pm

Peter_IK wrote:TONEX MAX unlocks when you register your TONEX Pedal serial so what support provided would unlock that for you.

You might want to unauthorize then reauthorize TONEX in your IK Product Manager or ask Support if there is something you are missing.

Note that you should see TONEX MAX on the "Products" tab of TONEX in your IK Product Manager.

I am not seeing Tonex Max in the Product Manager, although it is listed in My Products, where I got the serial to register. Unauthorizing makes no different as the installed version Is Tonex 1.1.3.
dnr

Postby Upright » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:00 pm

I don't have Max in my Product Manager either...it just says Tonex. So I don't think that's related. I think part of the problem is that IK automatically added Tonex CS to my account long before I even purchased Tonex Pedal. I don't know why they did that. Makes things a little confusing when you are trying to get to the bottom of which product you actually have installed.
Upright

Postby Upright » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:05 pm

One more thing...You'll know you have Max installed when you go to the tone.net site and click on your profile. It should say Tonex Max in your profile section.
Upright

Postby dnr » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pm

Thanks I will check that. I reckon I have CS installed which must be why I have the Tone Net download limit. I have just Checked It is Tonex CS.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling for the same CS installation.
dnr

Postby Upright » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:07 pm

That's strange. I can't think of anything else it could be at this point-

-Registering the Max license in the Product Authorization app

-Uninstalling and reinstalling the Tonex software

-Signing out and back into the Tonex software as well as the IK website and Tone.net

These are the things I did. Sorry you're having an issue.... I feel your pain. Please share once you've got it sorted out. Good luck
Upright

Postby dnr » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:40 pm

The UK support have been very helpful. am sure that they will have an idea what I can do. I have come to Tonex from the Kemper and I think the sounds stack up really well. So hopefully I will be able to move forward. Thank you for you help. I will post what ever solution I fined.
dnr

Re: Tonex issue SOLVED

Postby dnr » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:12 pm

The issue I had has been solved by support. They had to tinker with the system to change my registration status from Tonex CS to Max

Thanks to all concerned. Now I am going back to Joes Dumble. Fantastic!
dnr

Postby Upright » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:19 am

dnr wrote:The issue I had has been solved by support. They had to tinker with the system to change my registration status from Tonex CS to Max

Good to hear everything is ok now! Have fun!
Upright

Postby gtb » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:44 am

Upright wrote:
dnr wrote:The issue I had has been solved by support. They had to tinker with the system to change my registration status from Tonex CS to Max

Good to hear everything is ok now! Have fun!

I still have the same problem, even after contacting support...??!!
gtb

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling