ToneX Pedal not working as an audio interface.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX Pedal not working as an audio interface.

Postby lance416 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:37 am

Hey,

I bought the Tonex Pedal and I am having trouble getting it to work as an audio interface to play back sounds or music from my computer. I am getting my guitar tone through it and out to my monitors but sound isn't coming from my computer through it. Am I doing something wrong? I have the ASIO driver for it installed and it sees it but when I click on the volume tab and open either of the "input" or "output" channels the volume sliders are greyed out and it keeps "muting" it self on the bottom right (on windows). In the playback panel I can see the sound coming through it, I'm just not hearing anything. Is this how its supposed to be( I thought this was supposed to work as an audio interface as well as a pedal for tonex, am I missing something? Help is appreciated, Thank you
lance416

Re: ToneX Pedal not working as an audio interface.

Postby lance416 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:02 am

to add :

I get a "The driver DLL required to access the device is missing." error when I restarted my computer.
lance416

Postby Dsubba » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:43 am

You've to go to Global--> Operation Mode-->Interface
Dsubba

Postby lance416 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:06 am

Thank you for the reply. originally when I was going through all the trouble shooting, going that way wasn't working. I finally got that working and could hear audio through it. Except my guitar tone was no where near the tone that I made, using that method. So im not sure whats going on there either.
lance416

Postby spikey » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:13 pm

Except my guitar tone was no where near the tone that I made, using that method. So im not sure whats going on there either.

It sounds like you are hearing the Tonex preset along with your direct guitar dry tone at the same time. If thats the case, look and see if you can mute your direct "dry" guitar tone by turning off/on input monitor settings in your DAW. Hope that helps...
spikey

Postby bodem3 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:39 am

When using the Tonex Pedal dinosaur game as an audio interface, it's important to ensure that your computer recognizes it as the default audio output device.
bodem3

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling